Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Every Time I Die Band • Page 243

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Malatesta, Apr 7, 2016.

1. -deleted-

-

Would probably feel comfortable saying the only other metal vocalists (ignoring subgenre’s and looking at it as an all encompassing opinion) who have me reading their work when its released and making lasting impressions with them are Bannon and Puciato.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  2. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Aaron Turner should be in the conversation as well.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  3. LightWithoutHeat

The other thread has me listening to GP and man, Apocalypse Now & Then has the coolest riff.

4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i’m not going to continue fighting bc this is the dumbest possible argument ever. keith is extremely good. i’m not bashing him. saying he’s the best ever is the same kind of recency bias that you find in every band thread on this site and nowhere else

ozzy, araya, hetfield, halford, dickinson, etc. are all better lyricists lol. even within the same subgenre, you have scogin, pucciato, bannon, morreira and brodsky. and i like ETID/keith more as a band/vocalist than several of those.

5. Bane

The spiciest meme

That you started lol? You could have just let Anthony have his opinion on it instead of going "an absolutely insane take". But just as well you bring up great vocalists/points also so this is just silly, all of these individuals are fantastic and people have their preferences

6. phaynes12

sure. saying “xyz is the best _____ ever” is a trap a lot of people on this site seem to fall into a lot when they’re really just saying it’s their favorite. just say that instead of the big sweeping statement lol

7. Gianni

Trusted

I can't believe I've been listening to this band for 18+ years now.... Noting that TBD or later albums were what got some of you into the band makes me feel old lol.

I remember when Gutter Phenomenon first came out and thinking "holy shit, Keith's voice...... changed?" But in my opinion it's for the better. While Hot Damn! still crushes, I don't know if they sustain such a fruitful career if he continued always singing in that style.

Also completely agreed on the takes that the 'southern rock' influence of TBD just took them to the next level. Love this band and thankful that they are still making music.

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  8. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Song slaps

9. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I’ve never connected that much with Keith’s lyrics tbh

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  10. LightWithoutHeat

Yeah. I love what he writes and I find it very interesting but nothing he's written has ever resonated deeply with me.

11. Bane

The spiciest meme

That's wild to me, I feel like Petal alone is profoundly resonating. I've never had a child or wife that almost died but they way he describes his anguish through all of that is just...absolutely massive

12. LightWithoutHeat

Don't know what to tell you!

13. -deleted-

-

I didn’t think we were fighting lol. Nor was I being hyperbolic. Keith is the only vocalist in any metal genre I’ve ever sang praises about for over a decade. He can do it all. Literally. I find his lyricism 100% next level than his peers and this latest song only strengthened that feeling.

Feels so good to be hyped about a new ETID album again.

coleslawed and mescalineeyes like this.
  14. phaynes12

again. it’s not difficult to just say he’s your favorite and leave it at that lol.

15. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

haven't connected with songs lyrically as much as i have with the coin has it's say.

keith slays.

16. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

ETID is the best metal band ever. Only a band as good as them could keep their main writing core together for over 20 years.

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  17. -deleted-

-

Why do you have to police how people express their appreciation for somebody’s work? Am I imposing on your ability to enjoy it on your own level? Some agree and some don’t. You seem to be the only one actually bothered by my statement.

18. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Y'know, I don't think it's a far cry to say that Keith is better as a lyricist than Hetfield, Halford, Dickinson, Araya, and Ozzy especially when looking at it subjectively. His lyrics might not connect to you as much on a personal level, but his wordplay is at least better than anything Hetfield has penned since '88 or Halford and Ozzy have written ever. And I say this as someone who's more of a Metallica and Priest fan nowadays than an ETID fan.

[​IMG]

Nate_Johnson and Anthony_Soprano like this.
  19. -deleted-

-

Also isn’t it said that Ozzy didn’t write a good majority of his lyrics? At least for his solo stuff.

swboyd likes this.
  20. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

IIRC, the bulk of Black Sabbath's lyrics were written by Geezer. Couldn't tell you about his solo stuff.

21. phaynes12

yeah, fair enough, i meant sabbath which is mostly a credit to Geezer

22. phaynes12

i agree keith has better lyrics than anything from hetfield since the black album. saying someone is the best metal lyricist ever includes all of the lyrics from everyone else, not a specific arbitrary time lol. sheesh.

23. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

this thread.

[​IMG]

24. -deleted-

-

Oh, it's the end of the line!
    I'm cornered by a precedent, the sneering public eye.
    My job here is done.
    You're fucking welcome.

25. LightWithoutHeat

One of their best.