Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Every Time I Die Band • Page 141

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Malatesta, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Syre Dream

Regular

I mean I just listen to the bands music idfc what their wives like, they aren't in the band so. But I do understand both sides. Just doesn't affect me personally.

riotspray and beachdude like this.
  2. currytheword

Trusted

When did I ever say anything even remotely like that? Don't put words in my mouth. I know very well how heinous the Q anon theories are, how shitty and ignorant Trump supporters are, and full well that I don't support anything even remotely excusing their actions. That was never what I was debating with you.

beachdude likes this.
  3. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Chalking up the evils of the trump administration as “political difference” is the kind of shit a lot of libertarian/alt-light people do. I didn’t realize you hadn’t seen the Instagram post so I thought that’s what you were trying to do too.

4. currytheword

Trusted

No, I never chalked up their evils as political difference that anyone needs to tolerate. I stated that I wouldn't make assumptions about Jordan's character or the type of person he is, when he has shown 0 support for those ideas and sells Make America Gay Again t shirts. You were willing to call him less of a person before even having an inkling of how this conversation goes between them. That post from her instagram, albeit fucking soooo dumb and ignorant, supports my ideas on this.

She admitted she didn't vote for him, and only as of this past year is a Trump supporter. Something clearly happened with her last year that has altered her views and support. Jordan has been married to her for what, a decade? They are parents together. If you'd of divorced the mother of your child and wife of a decade over a difference of political ideals, shitty as those are, then damn.

5. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Again these are much worse than “political difference” but if you wanna keep saying that’s what it is then okay... I think the fact that he sells those shirts and while also being married to someone like that makes it even worse. He’s lucky enough to live a life that keeps him from being affected by the shit trump and his supporters are doing but still wants to make money off of people fighting against it? Nah. That’s super shitty and absolutely less of the person I once thought he was. Until it comes out that things have changed I’ll have an extremely sour taste in my mouth towards him.

Jason Tate, Dirty Sanchez and y2jayjk like this.
  6. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

..yes.

7. currytheword

Trusted

Dude, he was married to her YEARS before she changed her views and began supporting Trump. Who the fuck knows what their home life is like. Accusing him of not sharing the same ideals as you and only making a t shirt based on the subject at hand for money is an extreme assumption/accusation. They could be, for all we know, suffering in their marriage from this. Fighting over it since she flipped. Who knows. He spends 75% of his year on the road with his outspokenly liberal brother and comes home to this. We have no idea what his views are, he doesn't share them. If he does, he's letting down one of the two closest people in his life publicly. Your views are all absolutes on this and that's fine, i'm not one to tell anybody how they should feel. But I definitely process situations like this differently than you and i'm willing to settle on that.

8. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Keith is Def not liberal. He is a comrade for sure.

flask and yeahrightdude like this.
  9. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I completely agree- if they’re struggling at home over this then I absolutely don’t see him as a lesser person. I really hope they work this out and she learns that this shit is ignorant and dangerous but like I said until that comes out I can’t help but feel disappointed. I understand your points and I appreciate that you’re trying to see the good in others but we’re way too far past that point with trump supporters/families of trump supporters. There are people dying because of these ideas. Complacency towards that because you’re married to someone is just as bad.

ChaseTx, Jason Tate and currytheword like this.
  10. currytheword

Trusted

We are just different people I suppose. I am not going to tell you you're wrong, cause you really can't be when it comes to deciding how you feel about something. What little family I have left votes Republican. I do not hate them for it. I pity them. I debate them. I try to educate them on how wrong they are and why Trump and his administration is a toxic mistake destined to push us to regress. If you have lost loved ones over this administration and what it is doing to our country, then I feel for you, genuinely.

beachdude and riotspray like this.
  11. currytheword

Trusted

I hope so too. I've honestly followed her for quite some time on twitter, and it makes so much sense to me that she never set off my radar in previous years. Suddenly all this Q Anon shit started coming up in my feed and I was like who the fuck is this person? Are you hacked? and then I made the connection and became rather confused, considering it was right around the time Keith was telling trump supporters to fuck off on twitter.

beachdude and yeahrightdude like this.
  12. Debating people that support facism is a waste of time. Facism is a set of actions to fight.
    Making/wearing fake and real MAGA shirts/hats/whatever sucks and I think it's super gross.
    Her account is batshit fucking crazy and these ideas are extremely bigoted and dangerous.

13. But, as long as the band themselves aren't supporting/elevating it, that's what matters most to me.

14. currytheword

Trusted

I went back on her page to look at the likes/retweets of her personal tweets regarding that nonsense and didn't see him anywhere thankfully.

beachdude and yeahrightdude like this.
  15. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Oh fuck. I remember her posting qanon shit on twitter awhile back and unfollowed because I thought it was agressive irony. I had only seen the Instagram post until I just checked it out again just now and I really hope she gets some serious help. Oh no.

beachdude and currytheword like this.
  16. atlas

Trusted

I've seen Jordan like some liberally-inclined tweets, I don't think he's nearly as far left as Keith though. also a quick twitter search shows he's definitely been asked about this before. not a super great answer but I'm not really sure what he's supposed to do or say beyond handling it in his personal life, which is absolutely none of our business

17. currytheword Dec 15, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 15, 2018)
    currytheword

Trusted

Her situation is even more mind-boggling to me that she grew up and got to this point in her life supporting democracy (from what it sounds like on that insta post) and then suddenly switched? Like what in the absolute fuck did this administration do in the past year that you liked so much you'd throw your brain out and everything you once believed?

Edit: Also now wondering how family dinners go for them nowadays.

Keith: "Kate."

Kate: "Keith."

18. currytheword

Trusted

I feel a bit less anxious. Been harping on this for a few hours with a friend who was also very surprised by this. But he actually did confirm via tweets in October.

19. atlas

Trusted

as others have said, Jordan is privileged to be able to chalk his wife's insane Trump support up to "disagreement". hopefully at some point he realizes or it's communicated to him that that's not the case for so many people

20. If you see any sweet videos from tonight please post them.

21. btr

Trusted Supporter

Today was wild. ETID was surprised mid-set that December 15th is now officially “Every Time I Die Day” in the City of Buffalo.

22. flask

Trusted Supporter

Just saw on insta that next year is on sale and it’s TWO NIGHTS

marissalg and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  23. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

They’ve done two nights before but not at a venue this size so this is pretty cool. And yes yesterday was awesome.

24. btr

Trusted Supporter

sophos34 and yeahrightdude like this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum