Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Every Time I Die Band • Page 135

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Malatesta, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Bane

The spiciest meme

oh shit sweet, I know he's been getting more into it with those other guys he guests with. Cool to see him try it solo

2. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

3. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I love videogames and ETID but I can’t get into watching twitch at all. Would just rather be playing.

subplotofcrows and yeahrightdude like this.
  4. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Keith just said he did voice acting for the new Forza game. There's an Epitaph channel on the radio and he DJs it. That's super cool.

Nate_Johnson and currytheword like this.
  5. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

We'rewolf is the best Halloween song.

6. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

beachdude, ChaseTx, riotspray and 3 others like this.
  7. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

8. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Watching Keith play RDR2 is one of the funnier things I've watched in a while. The cattle shed was a special moment.

9. Bane

The spiciest meme

Not shocking but I think this is the first actual hard confirm about album 9?

beachdude, kyle, riotspray and 5 others like this.
  10. shea

RIP Supporter

Fuck yeah

11. Michael Schmidt Nov 11, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 12, 2018)
    Michael Schmidt

Definitely the first post I've seen about it, but on Twitch, people will ask Keith about ETID, Damned Things, and Soul Patch. Last he mentioned ETID music (earlier this week) he said they haven't actually put anything together and he hasn't written any lyrics for the next album. I think this will be them taking some more time to be with family and then getting together once they are closer to scheduling studio time. I think they have more than earned the right to take additional time and not rush getting back out there since they tour hard with no frills.

As most here probably know, Andy and Jordan drive the songwriting process and then Keith writes the lyrics once they have the songs done. I believe some albums the lyrics were done in the studio, like The Big Dirty and then others may have been done beforehand. What I'm getting at is that by Keith saying they don't have anything doesn't mean Jordan and Andy don't since they are the gatekeepers. And given the way the last record went due to the timing and Andy having the majority of the songs, I expect Jordan to be the one writing a lot and getting things rolling this time around. Whether that means Jordan has more songs than Andy is tbd, obviously.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  12. 2019 AOTY

shea, bachna84 and strangeterrain like this.
  13. strangeterrain

Regular

What has Keith had to say about The Damned Things recently?

Also, talk about ETID songwriting got me to revisit Jordan's "live tweet" of Low Teens. He mentions that he joined the writing sessions a week later than the other guys, and 3.5 songs were written by the time he arrived. Steve wrote most of Glitches, and Dan Danielson wrote C++. Jordan said the band doesn't hear vocals until the last week or two of studio time.

Other miscellaneous notes: Andy wrote Fear & Trembling, Two Summers, Petal and 1977. Jordan wrote Cult, It Remembers, Just as Real, and Map Change. Petal was the first song written (although he also said the riff from Just as Real came from FPU sessions). Coin was the last song written. Apparently the riff at 1:30 in Map Change was originally in "track 6 on FPU" but Kurt Ballou said the song was "riff soup." (Track 6 is "Moor," which doesn't seem like riff soup at all. Maybe Exometrium?)

14. atlas

Trusted

They went on IG live earlier and were practicing Pelican of the Desert and The Great Secret

15. Michael Schmidt

The last thing I heard was that they had some songs done, but is still not sure when they will put them out.

16. Pelican of the Desert is like a top 5 ETID song for me

17. Theemoflamingo

Regular

Man I hope they play the great secret tonight

18. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

The song that will inevitably blow your brains out

19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Always down for some more FPU

20. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Vein rippin on Audiotree rn. Might have to suffice since idk if i'll get there in time to see em

21. atlas

Trusted

God I'm so excited to see Vein

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  22. Michael Schmidt

Damn, that would be a bummer. Hopefully you are able to catch some at least. They are super good live. This whole tour blows my mind though.

23. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I mean I def want to, but the combination of traffic, a 4-band bill, and two more concerts the next two nights means I might benefit in the long run but missing em lol.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  24. KingofSpain

you can be your own dad Prestigious

Does anyone know if the balcony at Metro is general admission?

25. atlas

Trusted

It is