Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Every Time I Die Band • Page 121

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Malatesta, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Yes, yes we do.

2. strangeterrain

Regular

I had forgotten how great that theme song is!

3. shea

RIP Supporter

Ordered one of those limited run wrestling shirts (the Bruiser Brody one to be specific) they put up a few weeks ago and completely forgot about it. It finally came today and it's pretty sweet.

4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It isn't my favorite, but sometimes Ex Lives is the only album of theirs I want to hear. There's something really dark and aggressive about it that none of the other albums don't have.

Love it.

allastud and chris-wrecker like this.
  5. Bane

The spiciest meme

Ex Lives is a weird one because it's definitely one that gets overlooked but then random stuff springs up from it, like sometimes I'll just get Underwater Bimbos stuck in my head and then I grew an insane appreciation for Indian Giver after basically singing the end next to Keith onstage at the boat show last year

6. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Holy Book of Dilemma is one of their best songs.

Supernova and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm pretty sure that Idiot is their best song.

8. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Saturnalia fucking slaps, too

9. strangeterrain

Regular

Ex Lives is the album that pulled me back in to ETID. I kind of fell out of interest with heavy music in general around the time New Junk came out, and that album has never really hooked me, even going back now. But Ex Lives straight rips.

The production isn't stellar, but there are so many good tracks. Bimbos is obviously a classic, and Holy Book, Typical Miracle, I Suck, Partying, and Drag King are great. Revival Mode's "I should have learned a more noble craft" section is one of my all-time favorites. Starve an Artist is even one of the better bonus tracks.

Plus, without Indian Giver, there's a chance we never get the other Drop-A songs (Moor, Fear & Trembling, Awful Lot, Nothing Visible).

musicfan9795 and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  10. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

If I had to choose Russian Soldier is tops

11. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Ex Lives is the album that got me into ETID

I knew Wanderlust from music tv but that album fucking tore it up

musicfan9795 likes this.
  12. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

currytheword, stars143, Bane and 2 others like this.
  13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

That was the best

KidLightning likes this.
  14. Bane

The spiciest meme

"yea man it was really tough drowning in a river and dying. Thanks for having me on your show."

currytheword and KidLightning like this.
  15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I loved that

KidLightning likes this.
  16. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Someone want to explain to me what I just saw ?

KidLightning likes this.
  17. Selkies

That guy looks familiar

On but off topic, Nekrogoblikon is one of my favorite acts out there right now. Total recommend.

currytheword likes this.
  18. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

I watched a nekrogoblikon music video once and it was a pure ride

19. strangeterrain

Regular

Thought this was a nice summation the other day of one of the reasons why I love this band.

20. currytheword

Trusted

This mindset is part of why this band is as successful, and as well-known as they are. They are never going to be appreciated enough.

bobby_runs and KidLightning like this.
  21. Bane

The spiciest meme

Just came back from Warped Tour, which I went primarily for them, and god damn was it worth it. About 40 minutes before they performed I headed down to the stage they were gonna be at, but went the way of their merch booth because it was right down from it. Jordan happened to be manning at the time! I chilled and talked with him for a bit since nobody else was around, he told me it was Andy's day for the setlist, he was gonna do one of the mounted camera videos but the internet was so shitty there he couldn't (it really was shitty), and we talked about his prints and stuff. Time came for the show so we parted ways and I went to find a spot. Ended up lucking out because basically everyone left after the band before, Crown the Empire, so I got a spot right at the gate to the left side. They were great obviously, I had a fantastic spot for it, I got to see Champing at the Bit live which I was so happy for.

Afterwards they did a meet and greet and I got a picture with them! Also I asked Keith if they were taking a break anytime soon because it seems they tour nonstop, and he said yea they would soon-ish and thanked me for thinking of them in that way.

Another note, it's so funny to see the bands at Warped that let their technicians do all the work and setup/breakdown for shows and then everyone in ETID fully helps and gets ready on stage and everything. Such good people.

22. strangeterrain

Regular

Let the speculation begin!

23. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

My buddy told me they have a date confirmed at the usual club they play at here for fall/early winter.

24. They usually do a fall tour and end with the holiday shows.

25. currytheword

Trusted

I’m willing to bet Vein is an opener.