Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Every Time I Die Band • Page 117

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Malatesta, Apr 7, 2016.

1. chris-wrecker

Trusted

he also has is own podcast "kickin' ass with jesse and andy"

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  2. currytheword

Trusted

Oh no kidding? I hadn't thought about it since he announced pre-orders. I loved Scale, so I will eventually get this one.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  3. atlas

Trusted

Keith reportedly said at their show in London tonight that they'd be recording a new album at the end of the year. So that's rad

4. KingofSpain

you can be your own dad Prestigious

Hell yeah.

KidLightning likes this.
  5. I was hoping they were gonna record during their time off this spring, but they got some much needed rest. And who can fault them, they tour so damn hard. I can’t wait to hear what they come up with next. AOTY 2019.

KidLightning likes this.
  6. strangeterrain

Regular

Very glad to hear. One of them mentioned their London shows were likely their last in Europe for the year, so I was hoping that meant recording after Warped and not a prolonged break. Amazing how consistently hard this band goes.

KidLightning likes this.
  7. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

This is wonderful news. Excited to see how they'll attempt to top "Low Teens". One of the hardest working bands in the scene.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  8. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Glad they have been able to take a break and get away from the touring grind. I'm good with them recording in the winter again. It worked well last time. I'm curious where Keith goes lyrically with this one.

RobJGolde likes this.
  9. strangeterrain

Regular

Will also be interesting to see who produces the next album. Surprised me that they didn't go with Kurt Ballou again for Low Teens, since most of them spoke so highly of him. But I always figured that was a scheduling issue.

10. If they went back to Will Putney again I’d be so stoked.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  11. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I could see them going back to Ballou, but the only repeat producer was Evetts for the Big Dirty and New Junk. I could definitely see them going with someone new as well.

12. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

On the Pudcast right after Low Teens came out they said they wanted to go with Ballou for that album again but he was booked

trevorshmevor likes this.
  13. strangeterrain

Regular

I miss the Pudcast. Mitch and Andy had such a good rapport telling tour stories. The Ratboy episode of Kickin' Ass was entertaining, but they didn't talk much about the band. Sounded like they'll maybe do a Part 2, so we'll see.

14. Also, need that Pudcast back.

15. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Whoever they go with they’ll like top what they just did with Low Teens.

Larry David and bachna84 like this.
  16. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

These guys were so good at Slam Dunk on Monday, I even ended up Crowd surfing for the first time in years.

Super stoked to hear they’re starting to put the new album together. I love Low Teens, it might even be my favourite of theirs now.

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I have full faith they can top Low Teens but man that's gonna be tough

18. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I hope they don’t go with Ballou, I’m just not a fan of the snare sound on From Parts Unknown.

19. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I’m ready for new ETID!

Was listening to Low Teens a lot this last weekend while doing yard work and that stretch from Petal through Just As Real... may be my favorite four song stretch in their discography.

Larry David and KidLightning like this.
  20. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

There’s something about that double-tracked scream of “I CAN’T GO BACK TO WHAT I WAS...” at the end of “Coin...” that gives me chills every damn time

21. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I've tried getting into ETID in the past and like a few songs here and there but I've struggled. but alas, i wanna try again. whats their most accessible/melodic record? its the more chaotic/messy moments that usually drive me away.

22. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Gutter Phenomenon

disambigujason likes this.
  23. atlas

Trusted

The Big Dirty

24. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

The Big Dirty is their best sounding album in my opinion

disambigujason likes this.
  25. Low Teens