Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Every Time I Die Band • Page 114

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Malatesta, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Awful Lot is great for working out, tempo wise.

2. mymusicalsyn

Stand Up Sweater Gang

The first time I heard Petal, I was getting books in the basement of the library I work at. When Keith's vocals came in, I immediately spiked all the books to the floor and did adrenaline laps around the shelves, just in time for my supervisor to see. Luckily, she was also a big ETID fan, and we finished the song out together. One of the coolest moments I've ever had.

3. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I think the band would love this story haha

4. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

5. MexicanGuitars

Just bought this even though I'm seeing them next month lol: free shipping for US orders

6. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

This video is too fucking good. I re-watched it for the first time in a few months the other day and it still hits hard.

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  7. marceting

Trusted

They tore apart New Jersey on Saturday opening for Motionless in White- this reminds me of seeing A Day To Remember open for The Sleeping in 2007. Crowd going nuts for ADTR and standing around/leaving for the headliner.

8. atlas

Trusted

i think this is one of, if not the best set they could possibly play

9. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

That is one hell of a set, awesome to see them rotating in great songs from TBD. Would switch out maybe 2 or so with some of my other favorites.

10. MexicanGuitars

I hope they throw down For The Record this month

11. CTFFEMT93

Regular

Was at the Underground show last night and idk how no one in that room didn’t die. Fuck it was INTENSE.

12. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Id love to see them headline (never have) and see them end their pre-encore set with "Map Change" the way it plays out on the record with everyone slowly walking away

13. KingofSpain

you can be your own dad Prestigious

they did this last time i saw them, and the encore was fear and trembling (with josh scogin) into indian giver. I think about it all the time.

14. bobby_runs

My perfect ETID set would have Map Change, Idiot, The New Black and whatever else they'd want to play.

15. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

Can anyone suggest any similar/metal bands anywhere near ETID's level? Not hugely into the genre (at least yet) but Low Teens is easily in my top 5 albums this decade, Map Change is literally my favourite song ever and as I'm slowly getting into their older stuff I'm loving it almost as much. The lyrics (maybe Keith's super clear vocals are a big difference), riffs, literally every individual performance blows me away. Stuff like the 'drop' of Moor, I literally can't get enough of this shit. If anyone has any recommendations it would be awesome!

Oh yeah I also loved The Dusk In Us by Converge last year if that's any help of things I may like?

16. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

It's hard to find other bands that sound like ETID. They blend a lot of things to get their sound. Early ETID is very much in the vein of Deadguy and Snapcase. Their guitars are influenced by bands like Metallica, Ozzy/Sabbath, Thin Lizzy, and Danzig. Trap Them is somewhat current band that should have some crossover to ETID.

softanimal likes this.
  17. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

Really depends on how close you want to get considering genres. Check out Norma Jean – they've been around as long as ETID, have shared members, toured together, and have an overall similar sound.

Also check out The Damned Things (ETD/Anthrax/Fall Out Boy supergroup.)

softanimal likes this.
  18. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Similar sounding bands earlier in their careers were He Is Legend (first two LP's) and Maylene and the Sons of Disaster. Really hard to say any other metal band is on their level of creativity or uniqueness. The Chariot or Letlive may interest you, but I feel like i'm reaching.

suicidesaints and softanimal like this.
  19. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

On top of Norma Jean I would also say you might like poison the well

softanimal likes this.
  20. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I love Poison the Well so much. Thought about recommending them, but they don't remind me much of ETID.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  21. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I don’t think they sound alike, but I think if you like one you might enjoy the other. Same kinda thing with the chariot and letlive like you said

carrytheweird likes this.
  22. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Poison the Well, Norma Jean, letlive, and the Chariot are good ones in terms of the scene, but yeah, from an actual sound standpoint there are some clear differences, but those are pretty close.

Edit: Even though they have a female singer, that Sharptooth record is clearly inspired by ETID, both in vocal delivery and the music at times.

softanimal likes this.
  23. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

@mescalineeyes asked me to share this track with all you fine folks. It's a song called "Curtains" by his band False King. It's fantastic.

KidLightning likes this.
  24. bobby_runs

I feel like @sophos34 could recommend some metal bands

25. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

if you wanna get real down and dirty listen to thou

coleslawed likes this.