Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Every Time I Die - Radical (October 22, 2021) • Page 60

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CTFFEMT93, Aug 9, 2021.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

that persons experience is wholly irrelevant when it comes to what Keith is going through and they come across as playing armchair diagnosis which is beyond harmful

mescalineeyes likes this.
  2. Crisp X Dec 3, 2021
    (Last edited: Dec 3, 2021)
    That kind of comments honestly baffle me because I went through a similar abusive family situation (edit: Like everyone else I don't know any details, I mean similar in how it was perceived by people hearing about it, and in the responses gotten) a couple years back, and when I started speaking out about it, I was faced by the same criticisms by some and had ex-friends pretend they were concerned for me by trying to put a diagnosis right away. When I see people in that subreddit do the same shit, I can't help but see it as another way to not take victims seriously or to even silence them. It isn't empathetic at all.

coleslawed, Joe4th, Mary V and 4 others like this.
  3. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Someone on Reddit said maybe Jordan was talking about replacing Keith for these couple shows? I’m sure there’s a lot more going on but maybe there was some misunderstanding in what he overheard. It all sucks. I can’t imagine ETID without Keith.

4. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

there is no ETID without keith.

Joe4th and JaytotheGee like this.
  5. strangeterrain

Regular

The problem with that theory is Keith decided to take a break after hearing Jordan’s comment, so the comment couldn’t have been about just these few shows.

6. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

yea, if they want to continue playing together they should change the name.

7. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

This is just a “wait and see” situation so we can hold off speculating because we literally know the tiniest sliver of information. I hope everyone and everything is okay with Kieth and the band.

ChaseTx, beachdude, Micah511 and 4 others like this.
  8. Hunter Norman

Regular

Keith will be streaming on twitch tonight in 1.5 to 2 hours apparently

9. No comments by anyone in the band - seems strange right?

10. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Not really. Their management is probably telling them to stay off social media, not ruffle any feathers, and wait until there’s some sort of path forward or resolution.

11. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Opposite of strange. This stuff should prolly be worked out in private.

swboyd, ChaseTx, beachdude and 6 others like this.
  12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

its been less than 12 hours....

Brent, beachdude and HelloThisIsDog like this.
  13. Keith isn’t keeping much private…

14. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

this thread's been kind of insane today and its making me feel like im insane

aoftbsten likes this.
  15. Hunter Norman

Regular

Change-up, twitch soon (next day or so) but Instagram story/live tonight it seems

16. drewinseries

Drew

Everything about this is weird. I feel like there is so much more information we just don’t/may never have.

beachdude, HelloThisIsDog and kyle like this.
  17. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

what possible benefit would any of the band members stand to gain tweeting?

18. Hunter Norman

Regular

this was filmed on December 1st, just posted today

19. “We support Keith and his decision. There was a misunderstanding earlier regarding our remaining shows”

I don’t know. I guess it would just make me feel better if someone jumped in and made it sound less bleak. Hoping for the best for all of them.

20. Hunter Norman

Regular

33 minute mark of that video I posted may shine a bit of extra light on things too

21. -deleted-

-

Long term fans of the band remember how long both Buckley brothers have remained in a constant battle of alcoholism for the majority of the existence of the band. Ex-members have made it no secret how difficult Jordan is to work with either, to be honest. Being from NY and a diehard for some time having met those close to them, many that have worked with them or toured with them, and also the band itself many times, the comments about Jordan do not surprise me. Not to mention the stories from their first decade of existence would probably bounce eyebrows off the ceiling.

I’m amazed Keith has had the maturity changes and drive he’s shown to continue to remain sober. His longest and most successful stint being right now. Calling him unwell and a kidnapper was a bizarre ass take to make hot off the press of this news. A person able to recognize his vices and the need to make change, did that, and then has to deal with the criticisms of internet psychologists and a band looking to replace him for what? The saving ability to continue to drink on tour without feeling guilty?

One brother has made strides/shown serious personality change and growth over the years, and the other has remained the same person. Except he also married a QAnon leader and makes excuses for all that horrendous shit too now. Think this is an easy line in the sand to be drawn and step over. Steve is very close to Jordan, and Goose is practically brand new to the band and someone who likely wants to remain an active musician. So that really leaves Andy, the sober and kindest out of the bunch to remain loyal to Keith and who really knows how close any of them are nowadays.

If Keith has been keeping his distance for his own sake from the band, it’s very possible Jordan has been trying to work towards a replacement behind the scenes for some time now, seeing as how the band hasn’t been writing together for a few years and then didn’t even finish their first full tour back.

22. Bane

The spiciest meme

My potential qualms with Keith don't have to do with his journey to sobriety, I actively applaud him for that. But I'm sorry, I really can't just fully accept "yea I just walked in one day, left a note and took our daughter" at face value as much as I still love Keith. He wrote a song about how fucked he was almost losing his daughter and wife to her pregnancy, I'd imagine that tenfold for the actual woman who almost died giving birth to the daughter who almost died as well. I'm not gonna go as much as calling him a kidnapper but again, I'm not fully taking THAT situation at his face value. His battle with alcohol and his developments with Jordan, that's a different matter. And of course basically all of this is not even for us to speculate/make judgements on, but when Keith himself is giving out all of this info it's hard not to make at least some opinions on the matters. I'm fully willing to be wrong on the ex-wife thing and it is exactly as toxic as he says from her end, but I really don't want to go full "fuck her" mode so soon with how things tend to be for women, virtue signaling be damned.

23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

why is Keith not believed when he says he was the victim of abuse from his wife? I thought we believed victims?

24. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i fully believe him that his wife emotionally abused him. we have no information, nor should we, about her abusing their child. taking the child out of the house and leaving a note to escape the wife is kidnapping. they’re different things.

we can fully believe him and say he handled it poorly at the same time.

25. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

time for me to log out before I relapse as I’ve been thinking about it literally all day because of this thread and the responses in it