Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Every Time I Die - Low Teens (Sept. 23, 2016) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by dead_fm, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Jakob Allen

Trusted

They are amazing.

Im mainly interested in that due to your dislike for Moor. I'm curious to see everyone's various opinions. And just because a song is a least favorite doesn't mean is bad, just not liked as much lol. I think it would be difficult to label an ETID song as least favorite so it would take more thought than a favorites list

2. I feel like I deserve 10% credit for helping with this list, hahah

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  3. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

I have some I don't listen to as often, for example the last two on Hot Damn! (even though I love "In The Event..."). I generally tend to struggle to get to the later cuts for some reason, except for on GP.

4. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Least favorites?

California, Gracefully
    She's My Rushmore
    Guittared And Feathered
    Leatherneck
    The Marvelous Slut
    Touch Yourself
    Thirst

Probably idk those are still good songs barring TMS

5. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Wow, I think Hit of the Search Party is a beast of a song. Love the imagery from the lyrics. "When we find you we will skin you alive, we'll pluck out your eyes
    And the cannons will roar as we march to the capitol, dragging your hide."

This is why I would find those lists interesting. A song one person considers a least favorite, others will absolutely love.

ETID has been so consistent in writing great songs, its hard to find songs to skip, in my opinion

fronkensteen likes this.
  6. Jakob Allen

Trusted

I remember when Guitarred and Feathered was released as a demo well before GP came out. I thought that version was way better than the album version. The woah oh oh part was a little bit longer and didnt end so abruptly. Felt more fleshed out

I wish I could find that demo version again

7. mescalineeyes

I don't think the merits of Keith's lyrics are ever up for discussion, I don't care for the song(s) musically.

Jakob Allen likes this.
  8. mescalineeyes

This. x1000

Don't let the video art fool you, this is the demo ;)

Jakob Allen likes this.
  9. Jakob Allen

Trusted

funnily enough, I think my two least favorite lyrics by keith are where he references bands. I dont know why but it kinda throws me off. Still love both songs though, one of which is one of my favorites, the other I cant compare as it is brand new haha.

Overstayer "I wanna be sedated, just like Joey said" and The Coin Has a Say "Metallica without the drugs"

Glad someone else remembers this version!

EDIT: OMG thank you!!!!

10. mescalineeyes

I also replaced Kill The Music with Keith The Music. Fuck Gerard Way. Sorry.

11. fronkensteen

Trusted

I've never heard this!

Jakob Allen likes this.
  12. Jakob Allen

Trusted

We disagree there lol I love both versions, but the GW version is my favorite. I loved MCR at that time, not so much a while after that haha

13. Jakob Allen

Trusted

14. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Whoops, its the the "were gonna party tonight part" that is extended and sounds better on the demo. Its been like 10 years since I heard that version, and I had a brain fart since the album clearly sounds off during that part.

15. mescalineeyes

The whole song sounds more Hot Damn!-y with that production, too. A shame they went so glossy for GP.

16. jrock920

Regular

it remembers is going to be a banger

17. atranslantic

aka PeeDster

Just came here to say their new song is killer.

18. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

LNIT: n/a , I honestly never listen to this.
    Hot Damn: Ebolarama
    Gutter: Pretty Dirty
    The Big Dirty - No Son of Mine
    NJA - Roman Holiday
    Ex Lives - Typical Miracle
    FPA - Idiot

19. Jakob Allen

Trusted

When Keith sings "We all cater to the fire
    Once the walls come rushing down for shame", it sounds like it was taken directly from Hot Damn. You are absolutely right about the production, which is mine and everyone else's issue with GP. But that album has some absolutely amazing songs, which to me means more than the production.

I love every album they have made. I have said time and time again that HD is my favorite no matter what, and for some reason Ex Lives is at the bottom of the list. All the others jockey for 2nd place depending on my mood for the day.

But don't take that the wrong way, Ex Lives is a really amazing record, it just came at a very bad time in my life, so it just hits me differently than the others, and I still love it dearly.

20. mescalineeyes

Yeah I feel like the song-writing on that album transcends the production. If it comes to just production, FPU easily takes the cake.

Heh, ironically that's my 2nd fav after Hot Damn!

But at least we agree that HD is GOAT. ;)

Pretty sure that album is non-canon.

21. fronkensteen

Trusted

Honestly, not for me. His voice sounds terrible.

22. Jakob Allen

Trusted

That's the thing about Ex Lives, I totally understand why everyone loves it, I do too, there are just times where I cant listen to it unfortunately. If I am in a great mood, that album will get played, if I am in a bad mood, it will make it worse. All the other albums are in regular rotation for me regardless of my mood.

and yes, HD is one of my all time favorite albums, by any band

23. Jakob Allen

Trusted

I feel ya, it feels a lot closer to HD production wise, as we were discussing up above, and I guess that is what sets it apart for me.

24. Bane

The spiciest meme

I like HD for being its own unique thing so I prefer the GP version of that song weirdly enough. Like HD-style as one album is great to me, but the evolution of his vocals across albums is awesome to me as well.

Jakob Allen likes this.
  25. Jakob Allen

Trusted

I can respect that for sure. But I would be a liar if I said I didn't want to hear GP with HD production haha. That would probably solidify it as my #2 favorite album by them. It wouldn't work for any other album, just GP since they were the closest in the release timeline going forward.