Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Every Time I Die Announce Show Changes

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Every Time I Die have announced they will be playing the final three shows of their tour without Keith, who is taking a mental health hiatus from the band to prepare for their holiday shows.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Good on Keith for prioritizing his mental health.

3. thechetearly

Regular

All the best to Keith!

4. Keith's posted more on Twitter:

5. thechetearly

Regular

Please tell me these two aren’t going to be the scenes very own Oasis.

Also, there is no ETID without Keith.

6. davxdcampbell

What the actual hell is happening. I was still stoked for ETIDkaraoke at VB this Sunday, but shit I don’t I still want to go and support after Keith’s tweets.

7. mynamesgeneric

Regular

Whoa this is wild, I did not see that plot twist coming

BEsterley likes this.
  8. Buscemi knows best

You owe me a Sausage McMuffin

This all fucking sucks. One week until TTS, and they're going to share a stage at this point? Ugh, my head hurts.

9. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Even if TTS goes as planned, can you imagine how awkward it'll be for literally everyone involved to be there

10. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Very, very weird. Band of 20 years replacing the most important member of said band when he is seemingly making healthier life decisions? Gotta figure a follow up statement from the band is coming.

11. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

If anyone in the band is lurking just know you can't replace Keith. End of discussion.

12. thechetearly

Regular

I often wonder how often bands / members of bands lurk on this site (genuinely).

13. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I honestly think a good amount. People love to read about themselves no matter the context.

ramomcferno and Brent like this.
  14. David Marshall

Pilot of the Grand Anselmo

Speaking from experience, even though Keith could absolutely be lying, it's not uncommon to find people drastically change their relationship with you when you end up making huge decisions like this. If true, the fact this is family... That's sad. Definitely not something anyone should be happy about or gloating over. (Looking at you, Spamgoat.)

15. transrebel59

Regular

I can't imagine many, honestly. I would assume they're looking at Twitter or Reddit. I mean...this same topic has 200 comments on /r/etid. One of the bigger bands in the scene is having a public feud and it has 13 comments.

16. DoctorM

Regular Supporter

Statement was removed from ETID Twitter and shows are being cancelled. They originally were planning on playing without vocals.

I got really into them this last year and been jamming Radical daily. Bought tickets for underoath in the spring mainly to see them, but I don't see that happening now...

17. The ETID thread has more than 13 comments and I know many many band members read this site, including members of this band. Just for the record.

18. thechetearly

Regular

I’m still crossing my fingers for them to get their house in order for the UO tour. I’ve seen UO plenty but only ETID once. Was really really excited to see them again.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  19. josh.hofer

i was at the asheville show the night before all this happened, ama if you want:peace:

20. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

what was the overall vibe? They seemed off time for some reason at Furnace Fest. My friend also went to the Memphis show, and said Keith seemed off.

21. Hunter Norman

Regular

Also curious. The videos I've seen have had a few moments that seem to highlight a new stage presence but that's all I've seen

22. josh.hofer

I've seen them a few times over the years. i was a bit surprised at how much he pointed the mic to the crowd and didn't sing. perhaps my previous memories of their shows are off but i feel like he sang more every other time. Otherwise, I didn't really pick up on anything out of the ordinary and everything said and done their set was fucking great. wish him nothing but the best.

23. burningstariv

Chasing that 2007 Warped Tour feeling Supporter

Hope Keith takes the time and feels better. Have to imagine that it was a very difficult decision for him to step away from the last few shows.

Seems like we are missing some details on what is going on with the band. Hope they can figure this out and work through it.

I'm really looking forward to their tour with Underoath. I remember when they toured together back in like 2007 or 2008? That's still one of the best shows I've been to.

thechetearly and joe.boy.fresh. like this.