Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Every Time I Die Announce New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Every Time I Die will release their new album, Radical, on October 22nd. Today they’ve shared the new song “Post-Boredom” and pre-orders are now up.

Buffalo-based hardcore heroes Every Time I Die have just announced their highly anticipated ninth studio album Radical out October 22 via Epitaph. Produced by Will Putney (Acacia Strain, Body Count, The Amity Affliction), Radical is the follow-up to 2016’s acclaimed Low Teens.

Today, the band shares “Post-Boredom,” a mixture of the nihilistic realism and persistent irritated optimism that powered punk rock in the late ‘70s and post-hardcore in the early ‘90s. "’Post-Boredom’ was the first song I ever wrote that gave me the feeling of real Truth,” explains vocalist Keith Buckley. “I wasn't hiding any secret confessions in metaphors, I was very much fed up with living an unfulfilling life and felt that I needed a death (either figuratively or literally) in order to have a fighting chance at finding new meaning. I see this song from a distance. It's reflective but also, finally, detached. not a full ego death, but indicative that the process needed to start immediately in my own life. If you read the lyrics and it resonates with you, then you also need to recognize that you might be feeling unseen in your current form. So, what are YOU going to do about it if given the gift of death?"

While inspired by the unrest and upheaval around the world over the past five years, Radical focuses on humanity, decency, self-worth, and even a bit of spirituality more so than politics.

“I’m dealing with difficult matters this time that isn’t only personal for me but are also universal and more communal experiences,” Keith explains. “The songs are realistic in that they acknowledge that things require a lot of work. But it’s ultimately a very hopeful and uplifting record.”

Radical is 16 tracks of peak-ETID, alchemized by a swampy summoning of southern rock and coarse poetry, the music swirls beneath sardonic and clever wordplay, cementing the band as leaders, not followers

Track Listing

1. Dark Distance
    2. Sly
    3. Planet Shit
    4. Post-Boredom
    5. A Colossal Wreck
    6. Desperate Pleasures
    7. All This And War
    8. Thing With Feathers
    9. Hostile Architecture
    10. AWOL
    11. The Whip
    12. White Void
    13. Distress Rehearsal
    14. sexsexsex
    15. People Verses
    16. We Go Together
    more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. Buscemi knows best

You owe me a Sausage McMuffin

Finally we have a release date, YESSSSS!!

First mayoral candidate here in Buffalo to declare October 22nd a city-wide holiday wins in November.

coleslawed likes this.
  3. alexbrew

Just here for the comments

I'm getting some serious The Damned Things vibes from this new track and I'm not mad at it.

ThumbsUpComics likes this.
  4. seanxwilliams

Scar crossed lovers, forever

I also thought the same thing, and then went to listen to High Crimes again to find Ironiclast has finally been added to Spotify! Have been jamming it all afternoon.

Anyway, new song slaps as per usual. Love the album cover so much

5. ThumbsUpComics

Dumb guy

16 tracks 51 minutes fuck yessssss

6. erikbue

Getting some At The Drive In vibes from this too!

7. Color me stoked

8. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Gonna shred till we're dead!