Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Every Time I Die Announce ‘Low Teens’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Every Time I Die will release their new album, Low Teens, on September 23rd. They’ve also released their new single “The Coin Has a Say,” and pre-orders are now up.

Track Listing

1. Fear And Trembling
    2. Glitches
    3. C++ (Love Will Get You Killed)
    4. Two Summers
    5. Awful Lot
    6. I Didn’t Want To Join Your Stupid Cult Anyway
    7. It Remembers
    8. Petal
    9. The Coin Has A Say
    10. Religion Of Speed
    11. Just As Real But Not As Brightly Lit
    12. 1977
    13. Map Change

Buffalo, New York hardcore band Every Time I Die will release a new album Low Teens on September 23. The first new song shared is “The Coin Has a Say” which operates as an extremity test, with every gear-shift somehow pushing the band into inexplicably heavier territories.
    “The whole winter, the temperature was in the low teens. Bitterly cold,” says Every Time I Die’s front man Keith Buckley regarding the months that yielded their eighth full-length album. But Keith and the rest of the band Jordan Buckley (guitar), Andy Williams (guitar), Daniel Davison (drums), and Steve Micciche (bass) aren’t so hard up for pathos at this point that they’re grumbling about the temperature outside. If anything, Low Teens is their most poignant and impassioned album in a career full of sardonic illuminations and pit-inciting fervor. The band was on tour in Toronto in December when Keith received a phone call that his wife was in the hospital with a life-threatening pregnancy complication. It was a harrowing night as Buckley left the tour and raced home to overwhelming uncertainty. Both wife and daughter survived the ordeal, but the moment of crisis had a lasting impact on Buckley and an inevitable role in shaping the lyrical scope of Low Teens.

Low Teens’ razor-sharp sound and auditory barbarism was abetted by engineer and producer Will Putney (Acacia Strain, Body Count, Exhumed). Low Teens’ guest vocalists further demonstrate these polarized extremes, with formidable bellower Tim Singer (Deadguy, Kiss It Goodbye, No Escape) roaring alongside Buckley on opening track “Fear and Trembling” and longtime friend Brendan Urie (Panic! at the Disco) providing a melodic counterpoint on “It Remembers”. Yes, Every Time I Die has always juggled hardcore urgency, metal brutalism, and rock melodies, but never has it felt this instinctive or this vicious. The pressure drop that yielded Low Teens could have crippled a lesser band, but Every Time I Die weathered the winter to deliver their strongest offering to date because of, not in spite of, these hardships and roadblocks.

Pre-orders for Low Teens are available at http://lowteens.com. Every Time I Die will be on the Vans Warped Tour all summer. Additionally, Keith Buckley will co-host the Alternative Press Music Awards red carpet on July 18 in Columbus, Ohio.

2. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

These dude are the best.

3. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Easily my most anticipated this year. Can't wait for this.

4. jrock920

Regular

this is going to be GUD

5. Peachfuzz

I'll be with you the whole way.

YES! Beautiful artwork btw.

6. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

I don't know what kind of riff fuel these guys run on, but I want some. I keep thinking I'm outgrowing heavy music, and these dudes keep pulling me back in.

7. alexbrew

Just here for the comments

song rips! just wish I liked the preorder options more.

ilikedesigning likes this.
  8. Yeah so this rips, no surprise there. Reminds me more of old-school ETID. The breakdown at the end was just...phew.

Dean likes this.
  9. tigereatsapple

OOooo sounds like Old-ETID. especially the screaming/singing. Love it!

10. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

It's. So. Damn. Good. My only issue is the 3 month wait, but I get it I get it.

11. kylethrash

"I can't go back to what I was, Metallica without the drugs."

ETID, bringing people out of pit retirement since 98'

carlosonthedrums and Aaron Mook like this.
  12. youngplanetary

slays. loved the "it's our first night in town" nod to their old stuff.

10/10 would mosh.

GEM37 likes this.

13. Same

14. The Format

Regular

I love Every Time I Die. This is my favorite thing they've released since Legs left the band.

Big Dirty will always be my #1.

15. Eric

Regular

3 fucking months away. Why? I'm happy to get a new song and I understand they probably wanted to release it before Warped but still...

16. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

The singers from Panic at the Disco and Deadguy on the same album. Amazing.

BEsterley and Eric like this.
  17. skoopy

Regular

Still waiting for them to release something that suggests they might be human.

Eric likes this.
  18. austindavispdx

Still on this side of the grass

The cover art or the other merch designs? Cause beautiful for the cover is quite a stretch.

19. ARo24

Regular

Every album I think, 'Can they really out do the last?' And they crush every time. Super pumped for this.

20. dzyjay

Regular

This song fucking rips. Best band. Ever.

21. Iamhollywood315

Regular

this sounds fucking incredible. My favorite fucking band and they are destroying it with every album. I likes the last album but this sound and style is what makes ETID....ETID to me. I'm glad they went in this direction while keeping it fresh and exciting.

22. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

Could not get into their last album at all. Really digging this though.

23. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

I think it was their best release since Hot Damn.

BKO5950505 likes this.
  24. waking season Jun 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 22, 2016)
    waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I'm liking this a lot more production wise than From Parts Unknown. I love that album but for some reason the snare sound still kind of bugs me.

25. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

Unfortunately, it had zero staying power for me.