Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Every Time I Die – “C++ (Love Will Get You Killed)”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

These guys just can't stop. Good lord.

Shaping up to be my AOTY.

3. Thomas Nassiff

i wrote it down for you Verified

on some ETID post ... relatively recently ... either from the waning days of AP.net or the early days of Chorus ... someone commented on an ETID thread saying something to the effect of, "this is a shame. i just moved into a new apartment and now my living room will be totally ruined because of the moshing." this was my favorite post of all time -- it was worded way better than that, if i remember correctly -- and i wish i had a screenshot of it. if you're this person, please help me find the post.

4. alexbrew

Just here for the comments

This record is going to be so good. I love how Andy was saying an interview that this is the best ETID record to date, and I totally agree so far.

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This song is A++

Bryan Diem and yeahrightdude like this.
  6. qbag

Is that a programming reference? Haven't listened to them before but am definitely interested now if that is the case. Silly reason, I know.

7. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Can definitely hear the '90s influence on this track, and Keith's lyrics are harrowing. The write-up on Billboard.com about what he went through was pretty unnerving, especially for someone who's wife is now pregnant. I rarely ever pay attention to lyrics upon the first few listens of an album, but I'll be pouring over the words of this one as soon as it arrives.

8. Surprisingly, and kinda embarrassing to admit, this looks to be the very first ETID album I actually purchase.

joe.boy.fresh. and fenway89 like this.
  9. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I am having a hard time understanding how these guys can get better and better. I didn't think I could like this band anymore than I already did but here I am... an even bigger fan than I was yesterday.

10. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Better late than never!!!

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  11. Selkies

That guy looks familiar

Just quality after quality. They're steadily destroying expectations. I'm so stoked for this record.

12. defmytones

Regular

Came in here to say what everyone else is, absolutely crushing it.

I was never the biggest fan of ETID until New Junk Aesthetic for some reason. But my oh my what an incredible three albums and soon to be number four in a row.

13. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

Wow, you're awesome for remembering that man. Late AP days, yep. Something to the effect of "Damn, just bought a new apartment, too. Place is going to be in shambles."

I remember being humbled at the time after you said it was your favorite, knowing just how many posts you've read, but you really weren't kidding.

14. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

this is incredible

15. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Stunning track.

16. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

AOTY. Calling my shot Babe Ruth style. I just preordered the vinyl :peace:

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  17. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Aside from not seeing FPU destroying any expectations and knowing that Gutter is infinitely less great than Hot Damn! I agree. Gonna rip

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Dude glad I'm not the only one, FPU was pretty forgettable for me. Ex-Lives was near the border of that but still pulled through. I do have insane love for Gutter however. Put it on last night and was surprised how well it still holds up in my opinion.

19. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Don't get me wrong, FPU was AWESOME, I'd rank it around the big dirty. I think NJA, Hot Damn!, and Ex Lives are at the same tier, which is godly. Gutter's definitely my least favorite excluding their first. The guitar sound does not work for their sound at all, and the amount of sheen on it reveals how awkward Keith's screams were at points. It's about 50/50 with songs that totally own and songs that I just kinda forget. New Black, Pretty Dirty, L'astronaut, Kill the Music, Apocalypse, and obviously Champing at the Bit standout, but the production is still blagh

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I think every ETID is awesome too but there are definitely songs and records that are still forgettable for me. I would agree about FPU and Big Dirty being ranked together. They're both records I never go back to. I will agree about production on Gutter, with even better production and slight tweaks- that record could be so damn perfect IMO.

Right now I would say NJA and Gutter are my favorites with Ex-Lives being my third. I have a strong feeling this new record is going to push its way to the top. All three songs are just stupid good.

21. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I thought they followed in the vein of FPU and were very solid but didn't differentiate themselves or break new ground, so we'll see.