Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Every Frame a Painting Shuts Down

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

One of my favorite YouTube channels, Every Frame a Painting, has decided to call it a day. The two creators have shared a postmortem on Medium that’s full of some advice and a look behind-the-scenes at what went into making the videos:

Every Frame a Painting is officially dead. Nothing sinister; we just decided to end it, rather than keep on making stuff.

The existing videos will, of course, remain online. But there won’t be any new ones.

The following is the script for what was supposed to be the final episode, voiced by both Taylor and myself. We were never able to make it. But we think it may be useful to some of you making your own work on the Internet, so we’re publishing it here.

2. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Fuck, this news sucks to hear. I majored in critical film studies in college, so I enjoyed their videos immensely. They did a wonderful job at explaining well-thought evaluations in both laymen's terms while catering to a film-loving audience.

coleslawed and Jason Tate like this.
  3. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I enjoyed some of these, but the dude could be really catty about movies that he seems lesser. To an unnecessary point.

4. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

What a shame. At least we still have Screen Prisim and CineFix

5. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

damn shame, always had a good eye for film. to that point, a friend and i are tossing around the idea of starting a podcast with an emphasis on classic/arthouse/foreign film with a similar style to them

DarkHotline likes this.