Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Everclear

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AlwaysEvolving21, May 27, 2019.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Art/Craig/Greg trio will never be beat, but the band has surprisingly done pretty well in their later years

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Slow Motion Daydream is a wonderful album. Was never big into their other releases, but their earlier stuff does get tossed on every so often.

Need to look into their newer stuff more.

4. Ah yes... My first favorite rock band.

Sparkle & Fade
    and So Much For The Afterglow will never be topped, but Invisible Stars is surprisingly great and reminiscent of their 90s stuff.

5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I really like Invisible Stars a lot. There’s a lot of recycling going on in that album but it’s still fun.

KidLightning and bradsonemanband like this.
  6. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Once Craig & Greg left after “SMD”, that’s when I checked out. That record is criminally underrated too.

aspeedomodel and bradsonemanband like this.
  7. I started falling off after the first volume of Songs from an American Movie came out. Wasn't too stoked on that one, but I was even less impressed with volume 2. I've probably listened to Slow Motion Daydream maaaaaybe 5 times, and each of those times were most likely around when the album was originally released. I will have to give it another chance.

8. irthesteve

youuu should go back to Songs Vol 1, it's my favorite album of theirs. Extremely underrated because of how stylistically different it is from their earlier stuff, but it's insanely strong

9. I learned to love it, eventually. When it first came out I thought it was weird because it wasn't Afterglow part 2. But I like it a lot for what it is. There's some songs on there that I'd put on any "best of Everclear" playlist I make.

KidLightning and irthesteve like this.
  10. irthesteve

ok GOOD. I liked Pt 2 also, but not quite as much. I really appreciate them as a pair however and Halloween Americana is forever amazing

KidLightning and bradsonemanband like this.
  11. irthesteve

debut solo single. Album out Oct 11

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Its going to be an Invisible Stars kind of day.

bradsonemanband and bd007h like this.
  13. It's been awhile since I listened to that one. But from what I recall, it's their best album since the SFAAM albums.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  14. irthesteve

oh shit, this bump reminded me I never listened to his solo album from last year

15. bradsonemanband Apr 7, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 7, 2020)
    "Falling in a Good Way" and "Be Careful What You Ask For" are both sooo good. Classic Everclear songs. "Volcano" sounds like it came from Sparkle and Fade. "Promenade" could have been on SMFTA. This album really captures that era of the band again. The songs may not be as timeless as "Father Of Mine" or "I Will Buy You A New Life" but they are just as good as "White Men In Black Suits" or "Sunflowers."

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  16. tomdelonge

Trusted

Aw man, White Men In Black Suits is right up there with the best of that record

17. irthesteve Apr 7, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 30, 2021)
    irthesteve

I think both Invisible Star and Black is the New Black are both solid albums

18. I agree. "Sunflowers" is too. But I just meant that Invisible Stars sounds similar to those songs in the sense that they aren't really classic fan-faves or singles, but they are still great songs all around. Not sure if that really makes sense... haha

19. tomdelonge

Trusted

I feel you. I've only listened to Invisible Stars once but that will change today.

I think So Much For The Afterglow is one of the greatest records ever I love it so much

20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

SMFTA is still their best. Def an all time favorite of mine. Doing yard work to it was great.

21. KyleAtGalaxy

Regular

The Swing from the Scream 2 soundtrack is one of my favorites.

Welcome to the Drama Club has some gems on it but also some very not good songs. There's a solid 7 great songs on there.

I will add that SMD is a very underrated album. Except for maybe Volvo Soccer Mom. Seems like music was changing during that time frame (2003?) and they were trying too hard to stay relevant. I remember seeing the video for Volvo Driving Soccer Mom and feeling like they were trying to replicate the success of Pretty Fly for a White Guy or something. It was disappointing

Songs Vol 1 also receives my vote as favorite Everclear album.

Paulms85 likes this.
  22. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

World of Noise was a cool record. I feel like i listens to Sparkle and Fade and So Much for the Afterglow quite a bit too.

I feel like the more commercial their must got the less I listened. I sort of enjoyed their “rough around the edges darker kind of stuff” if that makes sense.

23. irthesteve

SFAAMMV1:LHTS > SMFTA > S&F > SFAAMV2:GTFABA > SMD > IS > BITNB > WTTDC

24. Sparkle and Fade is the one I listen to the most, hands down. But Afterglow is in close second. I used to listen to World of Noise quite a bit back in the day, and the first American Movie album is awesome. The second one was mostly a miss for me though. That's when I started getting off the train.

Elder Lightning likes this.
  25. Sparkle and Fade > Afterglow > Songs vol 1 > Invisible Stars > World of Noise > the rest

Elder Lightning and irthesteve like this.