Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Even the Trees - If Only Every Day Could Be Like This (December 7th, 2018) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Colin Your Enthusiasm, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

His voice reminds me of Jason Gleason at times.

2. Elder Lightning

Other times it reminds me of the dude from Boys Night Out.

3. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Lyrics for the most part are actually pretty good on this thing throughout. @Nate_Johnson you should share what the band wrote back to you about the record when you messaged them on fb.

Bad Frequencies and Nate_Johnson like this.
  4. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I contacted the band directly through Facebook to ask about the album and I will copy and paste what they said:

“It's not a concept album per say, it was not written with that intent - Other than the Hole in the Ice trilogy that all links together. Michael (our vocalist) can speak better on the lyrical content, but in general it's a theme of facing your challenges, learning from hardships (be it life hurdles or relationships), and trying to come out the other end a better more improved person. Though in the final stages of writing, the album title was an old song title of mine that we all felt fit. With the application of that, the album kind of feels like...all the motions you can go through a day and we try to end it on that positive reflective note of that feeling of when things make sense...but then the album loops over to the intro track and is kind of a statement of how it's too bad not every day can link together and every thing make sense, life is unpredictable and every day needs to be dealt with as it comes.”

5. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Regarding the album art:
    “A friend of mine went on a trip to Europe this time last year. She's a pro photographer. As she posted these shots I fell in love. I think they were taken in northern Germany and some Scandinavian countries and bits of Ireland IIRC.”

K0ta, teebs41, beachdude and 2 others like this.
  6. I hate the clean vocals on this. But everything else is pretty cool I guess.

7. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I love the clean vocals.

8. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

9. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

This reminds me of the very first Memphis May Fire EP, loved that EP.

10. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

The clean vocals may be my favorite part of this lol

11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

What about them do you not like?

12. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Yeah that's a weird take the cleans are great on this thing haha

teebs41, beachdude and Nate_Johnson like this.
  13. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Now I'm really stoked for the Valleyheart record coming out next week but I won't completely ditch this one though. Great releases in back to back weeks late in the year I'm loving this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Hope that thread gets some activity too.

teebs41, beachdude and Nate_Johnson like this.
  15. Elder Lightning

I wasn’t really feeling the 2 pre-release tracks for Valleyheart.

teebs41 likes this.
  16. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Did you like the ep?

teebs41 likes this.
  17. Elder Lightning

teebs41 likes this.
  18. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

teebs41 likes this.
  19. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

20. Colin Your Enthusiasm

21. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

22. Nick_ETT

Hello lovely people! Nick from Even the Trees here :)

Thank you guys for lending your ears and checking out the album - really appreciating all the kind words and any/all feedback! :D

I see that Nate shared some more in-depth info about the album I answered - if anyone has anymore questions feel free to ask. This was a DIY self-produced record from the ground up.

I sincerely appreciate this comment a ton! We were a bit weary about the length, but we really narrowed down the content of this record from 100+ demos. Getting this project off the ground dates back to about 2005! We put a lot of work into refining it and when vocals breathed new life into the songs we knew which ones would make the cut. If more long songs happen to come out of us, so be it, but we try to flush out ideas as they come, then refine and trim. I can't wait to write new stuff asap now to be honest, didn't want to get ahead of ourselves too quickly, but now I can :)

Again, thank you all a ton! :)

23. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Actually I should of said the record doesn't have ANY filler!

K0ta, beachdude, Nick_ETT and 2 others like this.
  24. Lucas27

Trusted

Excited to check this out soon!!

25. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Thanks for putting out such an excellent album! I have high hopes for you guys in the future, this was a great debut!

K0ta, beachdude, teebs41 and 4 others like this.