Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Evan Weiss Issues Statement on Manager • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 4, 2017.

1. _unproductive

Regular

again, you have a problem, feel free to email him. He has made himself more than available to have a dialogue with anyone

teebs41 likes this.
  2. DillonHigh

Then if he's truly innocent, leak the emails so we can see if she's "imbellishing" as you say.

3. DillonHigh

Just have an honest dialogue with the public. If she's lying and he has emails then say it. If he's lying and has no proof, then fuck off

4. _unproductive

Regular

come on... you know that would just make it worse. Email him and see what he sends you. Other people have posted in other threads he is sharing them.

teebs41 likes this.
  5. DillonHigh

He's had since nov 26 to give more info.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  6. DillonHigh

How is the truth worse

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

but then if hes doing that, he takes away from what happened to her which is something he doesn't want to do. Its a lose lose situation. I think the embellishment part more has to do with how he reacted. I think he tried to help her over the last year, which may be too late still but people make mistakes, he was trying to amend for it.

8. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

I'm sorry but when you say something like this, it feels that you're more interested in scene gossip than actual accountability. How is leaking an email thread to random posters in a random news thread going to help victims in any way?

AgainstMe182 and KidLightning like this.
  9. _unproductive

Regular

teebs41 likes this.
  10. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Hilary has literally posted in the accountability thread saying he's made no effort to say anything to her.

And again, there's no excuse for telling someone to "shut up and play nice". There's no email that could rationalize that.

slimfenix182, Aaron Mook and dylan like this.
  11. _unproductive

Regular

i think its a question of if that was said and how it was said... and the emails are very real. the attempted calls were very real.

he isn't denying he brushed it off right afterwards in 2013, but he is saying he talked to her a bunch afterwards, apologized, and talk thru it with her. Which is something she is denying.

12. DillonHigh

Did he tell her to "shut up and forget about it." That's all I want to know

13. _unproductive

Regular

I dont know. I didn't ask. There is an email i know of you can send that question to.

Even still, if he apologized for it and they worked thru it, does it matter? I know it doesn't undo what happened between them, but if she forgave him, why are people on the internet demanding to be involved?

Saephon likes this.
  14. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Nobody is demanding to be involved. General consensus is that Evan is an asshole because he told someone to "shut up and play nice." regarding an inappropriate interaction with his manager. He did nothing to elevate her or her story in that situation.

dylan likes this.
  15. DillonHigh

Probably one of the more important questions to start off with. Well until that is cleared up, fuck this guy.

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

every single news story dissolves into this same victim-blaming, abuser-defending, benefit-of-the-doubt bullshit.

17. _unproductive

Regular

I mean, i certainly didn't blame Hilary for anything regarding Chase. I've also, several times, stated that what Evan did in 2013 was shitty (even he admits that). We want accountability, so why are we not happy when someone does it? Like what is your end game, what do you want? To drag those involved and never forgive?

18. Joe4th

She hasn't said anything about forgiving him. Why are we putting words into the victim's mouth? Why are people so quick to defend the abusers just because they're famous and people enjoy their media? It's getting so fucking ridiculous and it's infuriating.

Justice Beaver and dylan like this.
  19. _unproductive

Regular

Idk.. the email certainly paints a different picture of Evan's involvement, and those were her own words

20. Joe4th

I'm glad Evan is publicly saying one thing and then apparently saying another in emails to people. That's a great sign that he's a reliable source in this.

21. _unproductive

Regular

I mean that was addressed above on why

22. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I’m not sure if any of the hills I’ve been willing to die on are worse than this one

23. DillonHigh

You're being unproductive with all talk and no proof

24. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

the entire statement tiptoes around any actually accountability. "i feel bad for what I may have done and won't let it happen again" isn't accountability, it doesn't address the victim, in fact it casts doubt to their story and their feelings and takes it away from them, it doesn't address actions going forward, it is a statement to save face to his fans. and the whole "email me in private and i'll tell you" is NOT accountability. it's a way for him to frame the narrative of what happened the way that he wants it to be framed that makes it look better for him in a one-on-one setting. it makes him look "forthcoming" without actually being forthcoming. if you can't say it in public to your fans at large, but you can say it one-on-one to your fans, something isn't adding up.

Penguin, Justice Beaver and Joe4th like this.
  25. _unproductive

Regular

I’m with you on it all. Idk I’m trying like everyone else to find a path through it.