Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Euphoria (HBO) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Mar 28, 2019.

1. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Finally binged this this weekend. I’m into it. The visuals are stunning.

2. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Liked last week’s a lot more but this week’s was still good. The only thing more dangerous than a dude like Nate is someone like him with parents like Cal who just back them up no matter what. Was genuinely surprised to see Cal acting like a real person in the hotel room.

Pretty excited for McKay’s episode next week.

3. Props to whoever is in charge of costumes/outfits on this show.

OhTheWater and Maybevictor like this.
  4. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Definitely seems like Jules and Rue are going downhill in the next episode.

GrantCloud and Maybevictor like this.
  5. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I’m really curious if they’re going to have Lexi address her feelings toward Rue or if they’re just continuing hinting at it without actually saying anything.

maryp1603 likes this.
  6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I actually really like this format of giving a different character an extensive backstory at the beginning of every episode, it's a really good way to get to know the characters better

Also this had better end with Nate in prison but I don't have high hopes for that

Maybevictor likes this.
  7. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

what did Lexi say to Rue at the rink? And then why did Jules walk away?

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Basically that she is the reason Rue has been doing well, same thing her dad said

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Are they hinting that Jules doesn't like Rue romantically but she feels guilty about telling her because it's helping her stay sober?

10. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I believe so. My guess is that Jules still craves those violent romantic encounters because at this point they are the only kind of love that she has known and so that makes her question if she really likes Rue at all. She definitely feels guilty when she keeps getting told she is the reason she is sober.

For what it’s worth I hope it doesn’t work out. I really like their friendship and think they need each other that way and could really grow individually by exploring their own way healthier relationships.

11. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I realized that the writing for this show, especially like the monologue parts by Rue read like a Chuck Palahniuk novel. At least from the stuff that I've read in the past. Not a criticism just an observation.

Driving2theBusStation likes this.
  12. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I want Rules to be endgame, but I don’t think they should be together right now for obvious reasons.

Tbh it seriously means a lot to me to see that kind of relationship on a show; to see a trans girl portrayed as desirable and lovable is, unfortunately, a pretty big deal— especially since that attraction is coming from a cis girl.

Crisp X likes this.
  13. eight30

Regular

I just started this yesterday and I watched the first 4 episodes. I know Rue is going to be hurt and I don't want to watch it :verysad:

14. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Haven't watched this yet, I'm getting a modernized Skins vibe from the trailers. Is that a good comparison?

15. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Yeah, I definitely get Skins vibes from it

16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

A high schooler getting a True Romance reference might be the most unbelievable thing on this show so far

williek311 likes this.
  17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Lol Wire and Pulp Fiction references back to back

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Man not this neckbrace fuck again. Lock your door brother!

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  19. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Lol Maddi has seen Taxi Driver????

20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah this was a bit more over the top than usual lol

Nate is becoming a cartoon villain at this point

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  21. Bob Ross costume was aces.

Agree that Nate is becoming a bit over the top.

22. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I strongly dislike the Nate character. I still don't even understand if he is Gay or not and why exactly he is black mailing Jules.

23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I'm getting mixed signals about this show from co-workers, seems like the majority on here enjoys it? Yall are usually my barometer if something is worth checking out.

24. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

All I can think of is Nate stumbled upon the video of his dad and Jules, so he’s just trying to protect him.

But I agree with others that Nate’s character is coming off as more of a goober over anything else at this point.

25. thebloodhound

Regular

I was of the understanding he definitely did, there was that scene where the dad was sorting through the discs and made a long pause?

GrantCloud likes this.