Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

ESPN’s Bill Barnwell Goes Deep on 2000s Emo

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

This episode was great, Barnwell is great, and The Solid Verbal guys are also great if you're into college football

3. Thomas Nassiff

i wrote it down for you Verified

my favorite college football podcast. have wanted to get dan on encore in the past but we haven't quite worked it out yet.

4. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I was about to post about this in the NCAA forum. Glad this made its way to the site though. While I don't agree with everything they say (mostly about Glassjaw), I really did enjoy this episode. I also think it was Dan who was pretty keen on Brand New, so that's cool to hear as well.

5. schackbr

Regular

this was mostly awesome. listened to the whole thing.

sounds like these guys fall in the category of "i really like their old stuff" for every brand they talk about though. especially with STD and TBS. they also said something bad about Pinkerton, which is unforgivable to me.

6. jco3

Regular

I feel very cool. When the host mentioned an emo bands w/ a twangy sound that he thought should have been more popular, I guessed Limbeck. And that's not all. When he mentioned a Chicago band that he thought should have been more popular, I guessed Spitalfield. Yeah. Feeling pretty great right now.