Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Envy On The Coast Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by I Am Mick, May 3, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Not cool that two members took it upon themselves to have an "EOTC Reunion." I'd be pissed if I were the other members.

2. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Envy On The Coast: This is not a reunion, but a reincarnation - Features - Alternative Press

[summary because fuck giving Alt Press more traffic] Ryan and Brian talked about the reunion, made it seem like they've been trying to get it going for over a year and the other guys weren't as excited. Also worth noting that the drummer for these shows is the touring drummer they had after Lowcountry. They're going to see how these shows go and are open to more touring and claim to new music they've been sitting on.

Excited.

3. airik625

Hard to ge too excited without the original line-up. Though I am interested in the possibility of some new tunes.

4. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I'm still going to see them, but honestly not thrilled with the whole thing. The band meant a lot to me when I was younger and Sal and Jer not being a part of it and it still being called eotc just doesn't sit right.

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i don't think sal's FB post came off as "pissed", per se. just made it seem like ryan and brian had 0 intention of advising any of the public or fans that this was not a complete reunion, which is shitty. i dont think i'll be going to these shows, it's not EOTC without sal backing the vocals up IMO.

6. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Anyone grabbing tickets for Webster Hall? EOTC said 10am, but the ticketing site says noon.

7. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

If I had seen them previously, I wouldn't be going most likely. But this could be my only shot at ever seeing these songs live, and at this point even if it was just Ryan I feel like I'd go. Dude had an unbelievable voice and this band has been such a musical influence on me over the years.

8. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Managed to get tickets for all 3 shows. Will I see any of you there?

9. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

See you at Webster Hall!

LuigiPeppercorn likes this.
  10. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

The guy that's filling Sal's role is touring guitarist for Avril Lavigne. Thought that was funny

11. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Hahaha that's great. These shows are going to be a lot of fun. I'm trying to go in with the mindset that this isn't a reunion, like they said. I'm just excited to finally be able to see these songs live.

12. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Second show added for Boston.

13. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

14. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Confirmed what I basically knew. Unfortunate, ill never support this. Maybe one day... Sigh.

Also dude, take the fb link off the bottom of that.. It takes up a ton of room on the page.

15. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

super disappointing.

16. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

I'm unsure of what you're talking about. It looks completely normal on my page.

None of this is surprising, but I am surprised that he actually came out and said all of it. I don't blame him or the other 2 guys for feeling this way especially since everything I had heard since the break up was real bad.

17. Whatjuliansaid

It does that on my mobile version, its really easy to do. The post is already posted, you just delete the link url below it. Its pretty easy.

18. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Originally I had the intentions of going to the NY show, as I've never seen EOTC before. I'd love to see these songs live, but the more I think about it, the less I want to support this. I'm so bummed.

19. On one hand, I think it's pretty wrong of the two members to try and erase the existence of the other three. They clearly went about this wrong way by trying to sneak around behind the other guys' backs. Not much I can say about that because I'm sure we're all on the same page there.

On the other, I also think it's beyond childish that three of these guys couldn't get past playing a couple of songs for the sake of making the reunion work and their fans happy. Like isn't the whole point of reunion to put the past behind you? Not to mention, the post acts as if they have some enormous back catalog that three songs would pale in comparison to. Having only two albums, if even one of those songs happened to be a particularly popular one, it would be a detriment to the show.

Just some initial thoughts. Not trying to come off as "entitled fan guy". For what it's worth I wouldn't be attending these shows either way due to distance.

20. Whatjuliansaid Jun 3, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 3, 2016)
    Whatjuliansaid

I think either you really lack empathy or you didn't read the entire post.

Maybe you read selectively and just believed what you wanted to believe, idk.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  21. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah I definitely don't get the sense that Sal or the other two not participating are at fault in any way imo...

22. airik625

Just a shitty situation all around. No way I could support this. Arent the two members moving forward with this already in a project together? Are they not comfortable with their material?

23. Whatjuliansaid

They claimed the name and are trying to bring it back as just themselves... Yes. I dont think that's the case, its clear the material was during a divide of the band where the two members using it and the three members who are not part of it have far different opinions on the matter. Whatever happened while creating it obviously traumatized Sal and jeremy in some way.

24. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

wonder what caused all the drama in the first place.

25. Of course I read the whole thing. Why would I comment on it if I hadn't? Can you elaborate a little bit more on why you think I'm lacking empathy, or what parts you believe I'm leaving out?

Just to be extra clear -- I fully acknowledge that what Ryan and Brian are doing is pretty awful. Like, just a shit way to handle things and I in no way believe they should be absolved of the criticism they're currently facing. Sal, Dan, and Jer are not at fault for the way the other two members are handling any of this. These shows, let alone any sort of reunion clearly should not be happening at all if this level of disrespect is is seen as passable by any one of the five members.