Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Envy On The Coast Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by I Am Mick, May 3, 2016.

1. I don't know, some part of me is still thinking there is more to come. I feel like the band wouldn't make an Instagram account just because they were playing three shows.

2. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

[​IMG]

3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

4. airik625

image.jpeg

5. Bane

The spiciest meme

I can't believe how perfect this is, I randomly found out about them like 2 years ago I think? So clearly after they ended and I was super bummed because Lowcountry was one of the most out of nowhere awesome albums I had listened to at the time. I'd be totally down to see them.

6. They're really, reeeeally great live. Seeing them live is what actually got me into them haha

7. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

I'm insanely excited for this but I definitely see this side. I'm still a bit uneasy about it being just Brian and Ryan, but hey, I'll take what I can get at this point because I've never actually seen them live.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  8. I really love 1st Vows and was at the NYC show and basically freaked out when they encored with the EOTC songs. Really wonder who will be in the band for these shows and what the vibe will be, because from my understanding the other half of the band were pretty adamant about not wanting to do an Envy reunion. If it's the 1st Vows lineup there's a lot of talented musicians in there.

9. NGHBRS is 100% done, I'm really bummed they never did a final show.

Also, for those who care, Heavy English is releasing a new album this year.

10. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Sal :heart:

11. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

This is so cool, i was obsessed with this band for a time in like 2010.

12. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Doug Rogells is playing drums for these shows. He replaced Dan live when Dan left. Fantastic drummer

13. airik625

Never had the chance to see them live unfortunately. I still listen to Lowcountry all the time. What a great album. It needs to be repressed on vinyl

trevorshmevor and pauljgreco like this.
  14. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

so its just a few dates. no new material right?

15. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

I'd probably pay a ridiculous amount for those 3 releases on vinyl. It's to the point where I don't really even see them floating around for sale anymore, even for a crazy price. Dying for a repress.

16. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Bummed about NGHBRS, but I'm really excited for Heavy English.

17. LionInMyPocket

I was born in a swamp, born with no clothes on

The "King Neptune" project sounds like it will fill the NHGBRS hole pretty well. Also I'm so glad there are other people excited for Heavy English didn't think you ppl existed!

18. airik625

Which project is this?

19. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Sal just posted this on Facebook.

"Dear Envy On The Coast Fans,

In light of the recent announcement about the upcoming Envy On The Coast dates, we wanted to take the opportunity to officially let everyone know that the three of us will not be participating in these shows.

Recently the idea of reuniting to do shows was collectively discussed at length, though we were unable to reach a unanimous decision about how exactly we would move forward, if at all. It was in the aftermath of these discussions that two of our individual members decided that they would go out on their own using the Envy On The Coast name.

Rest assured, our not being a part of these shows is not for lack of desire. We hold the legacy of this band near and dear to our hearts, as well as the decade of unwavering support and enthusiasm from the lifeblood of Envy On The Coast -- you guys, the fans. However, we do not want the public to be misled that this will be a full reunion with all five original members.

We love all of you, we are forever grateful for your continued support, and nothing will ever change that.

Sal, Jer and Dan"

20. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yeah i heard that a few weeks back when the hype was beginning

21. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Same here. Good to have some clarification. I'm still going to travel to NY from PA for the show, but definitely a lot less excited now. Sort of lame they'd pin this as a reunion and hype it up so much when it's only Ryan and Brian...

22. DirtyMikeandtheBoys

Next single coming out is incredible as well.

airik625 likes this.
  23. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Known for a while but still sucks. Thought Ryan and Brian made it pretty clear though that this would be the situation

24. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Did they ever directly come out and say it would be just them though? For someone who isn't following the situation, they could have bought tickets tomorrow assuming it's a full EOTC reunion when it's really not. They basically just deleted their Twitter, changed their Facebook pictures, made an Instagram, and have marketed this as Envy On The Coast, not just Ryan and Brian.
    Regardless, still really excited to finally see these songs played live, even if it's not the full band.

25. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

They posted this a little over a month ago, which says that they've tried to get the original members but it wasn't happening

Also they profile pictures and cover photos on facebook are only Ryan and Brian