Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Envy On The Coast Band • Page 21

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by I Am Mick, May 3, 2016.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Numb has always been my favorite

2. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

I HEARD YOUR BOYS GOT A SWEET TONGUE

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I am curious what songs from LC Sal and Jeremy were so against playing that they didn’t join the reunion shows

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

did specific songs have anything to do with it? I remember hearing that they “couldnt agree” how to move forward doing reunion shows so maybe that was part of it? I just remember hearing from others closer to the band that the initial breakup in 2010 was kind of ugly. I dont know much though.

5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I remember a part of it is they refused to join if some LC were on the set list, I can’t find the interview now

6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Now I'm listening too. Death March comes in hot.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  7. eight30

Regular

Oh wow. I’d be interested to know what songs also. It’s a bummer how bad things ended because none of the stuff from just Bryan and Ryan hit with me as well as the ep and first two albums.

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah, they definitely had issues playing LC songs which is why they didn’t rejoin and I always found that a little silly. I believe one of the tracks in question was Great American T-Shirt Racket?

Either way, I don’t get it, and it seems like a missed opportunity but oh well. I’ve been enjoying the material post “reunion” even if it’s not on the same level of quality as LC.

9. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I still think the Ritual EP is fantastic personally, but I do agree that Lowcountry is clearly their peak. It's a shame they couldn't get that full lineup back together.

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

the first time i heard Devils Tongue i was like

[​IMG]

11. digitalsea

hate my favorite band Supporter

New EP from Ryan

12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Seems like they’re done again. The new stuff never really hit for me, would love if they could do a proper reunion with Sal and Jeremy sometime down the line.

13. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I loved Ritual, but I can’t really remember the last two Raps.

bradpetrik likes this.
  14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

swiped a EOTC olive tshirt, always loved that design. nothing after lowcountry did anything for me but they were so, so, so good live. theres some interpersonal stuff that i dont think will ever get the original lineup back together again so, at least we have the albums to listen to lol

bradpetrik and twisterman2006 like this.
  15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I loved Ritual and enjoyed the two mini-EPs they’ve released (Ghost and Woke Up In a Paranoid Sweat being the best of that batch IMO) but their peak will always be Lowcountry.

It’s a bummer about Sal and Jeremy never returning but given the reasons why - it seemed to never fully be on the table anyways. If this is the end, it wouldn’t shock me, but RIP regardless. I’m grateful I got to see Envy live during this reincarnation just to hear LC songs live.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  16. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The only reason I heard was, when initially planning to play some reunion shows, Sal and Jeremy didn’t want to play some songs from Lowcountry.

did more come out that I missed?

17. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Damn. Their more recent stuff was fantastic. That's a bummer.

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Nope - that’s pretty much it. Big bummer.