Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Envy On The Coast Band • Page 15

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by I Am Mick, May 3, 2016.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

“Inhaler”, “Lioness”, “How To Make a Man/Grenade” are fantastic songs and I’m legitimately surprised if EOTC fans don’t dig at least those songs.

Ritual as a whole is fine but it does miss the mark on some parts (Virginia Girls should have been the highlight of the EP but it seems half baked) and it’s not a band fully back in action. I feel like it’s just Brian and Ryan revving their engines before they truly take off.

beachdude and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  2. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Really wish I was able to travel for that. Just can't make it happen with the time of year/money.

3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

"Inhaler" is an absolute banger and I enjoy “How To Make a Man/Grenade”, but I always forget about "Lioness". I honestly couldn't tell you how it goes right now and I've heard it dozens of times at this point. Overall though, I really like this EP and I'm ready for more from them.

beachdude and mattylikesfilms like this.
  4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Excited for the album plays tonight, even if i will miss sal’s vocals on a bunch of songs. I love southern comfort and can’t wait to hear that rip.

5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Hell yeah. I wonder if we’ll get a new album next year also.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  6. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Same! Can’t wait! Should be great

7. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

i sold my ticket to the show. the vip thing was absurd. there will be a new album next year

8. beachdude

Why did you sell it?

9. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

i'm just over the whole reunion thing. it doesnt feel authentic and the more they do the more it feels like a cash grab. i don't know it suddenly stopped sitting well with me

10. eight30

Regular

Ugh, this thread being bumped caused me to go back and listen to them all day. They were so, so good and I'm just not into the new EP. The reunion also didn't sit too well with me but damn that first EP, Lucy Gray and Lowcountry are fantastic.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  11. beachdude

Man I think the EP is their second best release behind Lowcountry haha... I think they did a great job, and also imo the pre-Lowcountry stuff is kinda dated now, it doesn’t hold up as well.

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Agree about the EP. I don't think it's fully realized but I think it's still great.

However, I still love Lowcountry from start to finish. My god. What a record.

beachdude likes this.
  13. beachdude

Same. They really stepped it up so much on that album, still really impressive.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

they are fucking killlling it

15. sawhney[rusted]2

Amen. Can’t wait for Lucy gray!

16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

What a show. I was super skeptical about it with no Sal but Matt Fazzi fucking nailed it all. Everything sounded just like the albums. Was a little bummed we didn’t get Temper Temper in the small encore haha but otherwise incredible show. Everything they discussed on stage tonight in terms of banter here and there leads me to believe more music is on the way.

17. Is the 1ST VOWS LP a surprise release or had that been announced? I had no idea it was coming but it was a nice surprise to see on my Spotify

18. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I saw that too. Only listened to the first two tracks and they’re instrumental. Not sure if the whole album is like that because I switched it off and haven’t listened since. I love instrumental stuff, just wasn’t feeling that kind of vibe then.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  19. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

It was both a surprise and announced. He said on Twitter or something a few days prior that he was releasing an instrumental album but no other details

trevorshmevor likes this.
  20. schackbr

Regular

live record coming out in May. see their instagram.

Fazzi performs on it

beachdude and mattylikesfilms like this.
  21. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Can you just share a link for those of us without Instagram

beachdude and Jacob Tender like this.
  22. sawhney[rusted]2

23. sawhney[rusted]2

I was at the show too so I’m stoked

24. Holy hell, that’s super exciting!

25. Bane

The spiciest meme