Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Envy On The Coast Band • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by I Am Mick, May 3, 2016.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

It sounds like it.

pauljgreco likes this.
  2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

EOTC posted some funny vids on their Instagram story yesterday quoting people who hate "Sift" but had a BANGER on in the background which leads me to believe there will be at least one fantastic EOTC track on Ritual.

3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

airik625 likes this.
  4. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Seems like a good thing I refused to care about this bogus reformation. I hope it's good for all the people that still care though.

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

- "Manic" sounds better in context for some reason
    - "Inhaler" is their heavy jam that sounds like old EOTC. Most people will dig it.
    - "Lioness" is a groovy jam. I dig it!
    - "Virginia Girls" is pretty good but nowhere near as exciting as it should be. It sounds better live... MUCH better.
    - "How to Make a Man/Grenade" reminds me of NK and I'm not mad at it. I love love LOVE NK's Nothing to be Gained Here.
    - "Sift" is whatever. It just doesn't go anywhere.

Overall, pretty good EP. I hope the full length is better and overall more exciting though...

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  6. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Lioness is probably my favorite so far

Edit: nvm how to make a man is a jammm

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'm glad I pre-ordered the EP just to support the guys but I truly hope this is them just warming up and that we will get Lowcountry level of greatness on the next LP.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  8. sawhney[rusted]2

How to Make A Man is what I was hoping more of from this EP

9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

How to Make A Man and Lioness are the best songs on here.

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Same/agreed. It's so odd that they chose (arguably) the three weakest songs on the EP to release to the public. The initial reception would have been much different if they released Lioness, Man, or Inhaler first.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

So relieved the rest of this EP is better and meets my expectations haha.

12. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

This is not all that great, even the newer stuff is bland to me. I do think this would be better served under the NK moniker rather than Envy also.

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I disagree about it being "bland" but yeah I could see Lioness, Man, and Inhaler being NK songs for sure.

14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I see Inhaler being on Lowcountry and Man on Lucy Gray.

15. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I like this a good amount. Not great, but makes me want to go back and check out some of their older stuff and look forward to their new stuff.

16. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Is this your first experience with EOTC? If so, go back and listen to Lowcountry and Lucy Gray. Both great records. Also, there are a few tracks on their self titled EP worth checking out; mainly "Temper Temper".

KidLightning likes this.
  17. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

The only thing I know I've heard from them other than this is their cover of "All Along the Watchtower". It's possible I heard other songs over the years, but nothing I can recall. I plan to go back to their old stuff, but given the reactions of some long time fans in here I wanted to hear this first so the old stuff didn't color my view of it.

But I'll add them to my list of albums to check out. I still need to go back through Paramore's discography (another band I never really listened to) but every time I think about it I just end up listening to After Laughter.

18. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Lioness is great.
    Actually really enjoying the EP

19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

EP is growing on me more with every listen. I love Lioness and Man so much.

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I think Lucy, while having some stellar songs, is weak as a whole record. Check out Lowcountry! It's in my top 20 records of all time for sure. Amazing from start to finish.

21. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I'm actually really enjoying this EP, too. Manic State Park sound so much better to me after my second listen (only listened once when it was released and wasn't really feeling it). In fact, I just went ahead and ordered the vinyl.

beachdude42 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  22. Bane

The spiciest meme

It's way more chill than I was expecting, was kind of hoping for it to go a bit crazier but it's fine. New music is new music.

Lioness prob my favorite on it

mattylikesfilms and beachdude42 like this.
  23. sawhney[rusted]2

I think they just forgot how to write a chorus

24. sawhney[rusted]2

I also don't like the guitar tones

25. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Billy Rymer played drums on the EP. It really is just NK

Lioness grew on me, but still not stoked on this record at all. Makes me sad