Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Envy On The Coast - Reunion Shows 2016 Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jun 10, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes Jun 10, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 29, 2016)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

8/16 - New York, NY @ Webster Hall
    8/18 - Huntington, NY @ The Paramount (w/ This Good Robot)
    8/20 - Cambridge, MA @ The Sinclair (w/ Night Verses)
    8/21 - Cambridge, MA @ The Sinclair (w/ Night Verses)
    8/23 - Baltimore, MD @ Baltimore Soundstage (w/ Night Verses)
    8/24 - Philadelphia, PA @ Union Transfer (w/ Night Verses)
    8/26 - Cleveland, OH @ The Agora Ballroom (w/ Night Verses)
    8/27 - Chicago, IL @ Bottom Lounge (w/ Night Verses)
    8/28 - Detroit, MI @ Saint Andrew's Hall (w/ Night Verses)

2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Sad to hear that just two of them are moving forward with these "reunion" shows.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Night Verses is opening the Chicago show.

4. atlas

Trusted

and all of them except the first 2 NY shows. Guess I'll be there

5. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Wanna go to this but my cousin's wedding is the day after the Philly date which means I'd have to go to New York on a Tuesday. Still probably going to do it, but it's annoying to be sure.

6. EOTCDXVI

Regular

Super excited for this.. going to NYC and Long Island.

I don't really mind much that Jer and Dan aren't coming back (they had Doug on their last tour on drums anyway)... but I am a bit nervous on how they will replace Sal. Dude has an amazing voice and it's hard to replicate. I think it'll end up being incredible anyway though.

I heard This Good Robot is opening up the Long Island show.

7. kidinthebushes

Trusted

This Good Robot is listed as the opener for the Paramount show on Ticketmaster. I don't see anything about the opener for the Webster Hall show though.

8. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Anybody need a ticket to Webster Hall?

9. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

The guitarist of Bad Rabbits is opening Webster Hall and the second Boston show with a DJ set

pauljgreco likes this.
  10. thefuckoffdept

DJ set sounds cool :thumbup:I've been dreaming of this happening, I can't wait to get down tomorrow. They asked on FB what songs people wanted to hear and I got really sad when I realized we won't hear all of them. I feel super spoiled by all these album shows that have been happening I kinda forgot for a minute that wasn't standard. I'd love to hear Suckerpunch, Clean of You, Great American T-Shirt Racket, and any of the slow jams like Lapse, Starving Your Friends, or Like I Do

11. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Any guesses for what they open with tomorrow?

I'm guessing they open with Suckerpunch, close with Gift of Paralysis pre encore

12. thefuckoffdept

Yeah I agree with Suckerpunch or possibly Sugar Skulls - I could see that song getting everyone equally hyped.

13. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

As a guy who mostly fucks with 'Lowcountry' from these guys, I'm a little hesitant to get tickets to this.

Unless Chicago already sold out, in which case my decision is easy.

pauljgreco likes this.
  14. EOTCDXVI

Regular

Anyone need a ticket to NYC, i'm your guy. Have one extra, you can have it for $20 (ten less than I paid / you would pay from the box office)... i'll try to check my messages here a few times today.

15. fluffyjdawg

Regular

Any guesses on how long of setlist Night Verses will get? Thinking about going to the Detroit date depending on what they're playing. Hoping for a lot of tracks off Into The Vanishing Light. They only played two when they opened for Letlive. recently.

16. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

There's a comedian opening right now and it's a disaster

17. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

What's their name?

18. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Haha oh gosh. I thought it was supposed to be a DJ?

19. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

They had a DJ too before the comedian. I don't remember their name, but it seemed like it was filler for the sake of it honestly. She had trouble keeping peoples attention which I imagine would be difficult in the situation she was in. It was like 830 when she went on and everyone was already expecting Envy and then we had to wait until 930 for Envy to actually start. Great show though. The fill in dudes were tight and obviously talented, but it did feel like something was missing, that being the other actual members of the band.

airik625 likes this.
  20. thefuckoffdept

Yeah if the comedian was a lot less pessimistic about the whole situation it woulda been better. I felt super awkward. Just keep telling jokes girl

But I thought envy was amazing and the set list was super fulfilling! You can tell they're happy to be doing this again and I can't wait for new material.

21. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Starving Your Friends got real personal

22. thefuckoffdept

I loved the verse change up at the end. Lapse was crazy too, Ryan was losing his shit in the background. I can't believe we got both those songs.

23. EOTCDXVI Aug 17, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 17, 2016)
    EOTCDXVI

Regular

What an amazing show.

They waited so long to play anything from the EP, that when they finally did it was that much better. When I heard the guitar part at the beginning of Green Eyes Don't Lie.. man that was awesome.

I sort of found that the dude filling in for Sal would sing Sal's parts when absolutely necessary, but there were definitely times when Sal would have been singing that either Ryan took the part or they just let the crowd do it. Other than those few small instances i'd say it was a pretty seamless transition. It did just feel weird though.. especially not having Sal there for the harmonies during the end of Gift of Paralysis.

Even more excited for tomorrow though because i'll have a lot of friends there that I haven't seen in a while. Good friends from high school who I used to listen to Envy with nonstop. Going to be great.

They are my favorite band of all time (2 of the members went to my high school a couple of years before I got there, so growing up they were just a fixture of life for me, seeing them at battle of the bands / temple shows /etc) so i've literally been waiting 6 years. The feeling I got when hearing some of those songs was wild haha.

24. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Agree with what you said about the not Sal. I liked that it didn't feel like they were trying to replace the other dudes that weren't taking part in it, just basically filling the roles for the show. I thought Jer's presence was missed though, just as much if not more than Sals. Ive seen them so many times that I was so used to Jer just standing in the back and grooving with the drummer that when the new guy started jumping around I was completely thrown off

25. EOTCDXVI

Regular

Yeah that bassist definitely had a different style. I think it's just gonna take some getting used to. But the foundation was still there and Ryan's voice has not missed a beat. Still incredible.