Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Environmental Thread • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by digital by birth, Apr 25, 2016.

1. crazy nate Dec 15, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 15, 2016)
    crazy nate

Harumph

2. Philll

Trusted

Just came to see if there were any Environmentalism threads, I was gonna make one if not. Obviously this thread has been dormant for a long while, but I wonder if anyone else is interested in reviving this?

Perhaps it's a thread better suited to the politics section of the board. Would be great to have a place to discuss relevant current affairs as well as being able to share ways in which we're seeking to be more ethical/environmentally friendly in our day to day lives.

Currently my wife and I are exploring ways on reducing the amount of plastic we use, for instance buying soap bars rather than bottles of shower gel.

skogsraet likes this.
  3. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I went vegan for environmental reasons. Nowadays I think my biggest contribution to pollution is plastic. I’ve stopped using straws but I still use a lot of single use plastic bags, so that’s the next change I have to make.

Philll likes this.
  4. Philll

Trusted

Bringing in the 5p plastic bag tariff in the UK has been a surprisingly successful measure. Reduced the number of bags significantly. I just automatically take a fabric bag now. Obviously it's a bit harder when you're dropping into a shop unplanned or whatever, but still.

5. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

I like to think I'm relatively good with my consumption but in reality I'm sure I could do so much better. Anyone know any comprehensive resources for reducing consumption impact?

Philll likes this.
  6. Philll

Trusted

7. stars143

Trusted