Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment That Let You Down

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DarkHotline, Sep 21, 2016.

1. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Let's talk about things we were excited for and ended up letting you down. I still am in awe that the Wachowskis pissed away the chance of making The Matrix an established franchise with those sequels. I was so excited for them, a new chance to explore that world. What I got was a confusing mess that pretty much made me never trust the Wachowskis ever again.

2. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Independence Day 2.

Don't know what I expected though from a 20 year later sequel...I guess having Goldblum sign on and the fact that I love the first one so much gave me hope for the second one. I was wrong. :(

DarkHotline likes this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

500 Days of Summer, everyone was kind of an asshole

4. Morrissey

Trusted

The Road and Killing Them Softly are two that stick out, as both directors had made films that I thought were great at the time. However, they ultimately helped to show the problems within their earlier films. Both films were a bunch of individual scenes and set pieces that did not add up to any sort of coherent whole.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  5. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Have you seen Triple 9 (the newest John Hillcoat film)?

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I also disliked Killing Them Softly, still can't believe that literally the only female character was a prostitute

popdisaster00 likes this.
  7. Most recently, Sausage Party.

8. Season 4 of Arrested Development, though it's still good.

JURASSIC WORLD

CarpetElf likes this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

This Is The End and Sausage Party both just weren't funny to me

jkauf likes this.
  10. Morrissey

Trusted

No. The Road was the last one I saw.

11. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

12. Morrissey

Trusted

He is so obsessed with male relationships that he pretended that Robert Ford was gay in The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. The movie is 18 hours long and you can count the female parts on one hand, and then they have almost nothing to do with the story.

13. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I haven't seen it yet either. I've read lots of good things about, but it kind of came and went.

14. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Spider-Man has always been an important character to me and the Amazing Spider-Man 2 is bad enough to legitimately argue against superhero films as a whole.

I probably should have accepted it long ago but it took until Tusk for me to realize Kevin Smith is just not a filmmaker worth giving time.

That's about all I can think of right now.

15. DarkHotline

Speaking of Kevin Smith, Clerks 2. The original was such an important film to me as a teenager, it was a film that made me want to dive deeper into the medium among others. The sequel was just so disappointing by comparison. I think the only bit I actually enjoy now is Randall's bit about LOTR and that's really it, the rest is just cringe-worthy to watch now.

16. mad

I was right. Prestigious

The Hobbit movies

DarkHotline likes this.
  17. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

second half of the night of
    most of true detective
    all of true detective s2

18. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Anything after season 2 of American Horror Story

19. DarkHotline

I will never understand why they made that into a trilogy, when it could be one or two movies tops. Plus, the padding. Good lord did they pad the hell out of those movies.

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Similarly anything after like the first half of Glee, Ryan Murphy ruined it

mad likes this.
  21. Davjs

Trusted

The Dark Knight Rises might be the most disappointing for a film I was most hyped for.

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

He is terrible at everything after a second or third season. Nip/Tuck got sooooooo bad.

23. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Man, I didn't have a lot of faith in season 2, but yeesh, it was a total train wreck.

Agreed, that show got extremely stale to me pretty quick.

I'll preface this by saying that I ultimately enjoyed most of Breaking Bad, but I came into it well after the show ended and it didn't really live up to the hype for me. Better Call Saul is fun though.

Walking Dead lost me a long time ago and Vinyl on HBO was atrocious enough that I bailed after the second episode.

24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

HIMYM finale, but that's an easy one

25. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

that's like saying the dexter finale. no one expected them to be good because how awful the few seasons prior were