Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum Policies and Guidance

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Melody Bot Dec 18, 2017
    (Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2018)
    Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

The entertainment forum is the place to talk about films, TV shows, podcasts, books, video games, comic books, and other forms of entertainment. This thread outlines a few of the forum policies that help maintain a smooth and consistent environment.

Please also be aware of the community rules and code of conduct policy.

If you need to contact a moderator, you'll find an updated list here.

Spoilers

When discussing entertainment the general policy is to use spoiler tags when talking about events or things that are clear or potential spoilers. Simply enclose the part that is a spoiler with spoiler tags:

[SPOILER]Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's dad.[/SPOILER]

This will make sure the spoiler is blacked out and can be viewed by hovering a mouse, or tapping with a finger, the spoiler to reveal it. The forum's general policy is that once a movie, or TV show, has aired, and it has been officially released, spoiler tags are no longer needed. Everyone should be aware that once a movie hits theaters, for example, that the thread will be discussing the movie — openly and without spoiler tags — and know this fact before venturing into the movie's thread. Up to the official release we request spoiler tags be used. It is also general practice to spoiler tag rumors, leaks, and anything that may give away plot points before the official release.

Thread Titles

Movies:
    Movie Name (Director Name, Month Day, Year)

Example:
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson, December 15, 2017)

Video Game:
    Game Name (Month Day, Year)

Example:
    Destiny 2 (September 6, 2017)

TV Show:
    Show Name (Network)

Example:
    Mr. Robot (USA)

Prefixes

When creating a thread please use the correct prefix. This allows for easy sorting and searching for specific items within the forum:

Common Threads

Advanced Search

Don't forget you can do a deep search of the entertainment forum on our advanced search page.

Febriyanto likes this.
  2. If there are questions or other things that need to be added at some point as we grow/clarify our policies I'll add it into the above post. This is just a starting place and something to make everything a little more uniform/understood.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  3. Nice!

4. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I dig this

5. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

An official stance on spoilers had been a long time coming, that's for sure.

bachna84 likes this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I think you posted this in the wrong place but everything about the book seems bad but it's also Spielberg

7. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Whoops!

8. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

So, how many spoilers can people actually know before it has actually been released? That rule doesn't make a ton of sense to me.. theres not much to spoil aside from rumors, actors being cast and trailers if it hasn't come out yet.

9. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

I was actually looking to see how to discuss this.

So, if a news outlet reports that an actor is going to be in a film, and that seems to indicate the plot, is that a Spoiler? How do we discuss?

Example:

The Hollywood Reporter announced today that Alfred Molina will be reprising his role from Spider-Man 2 in the next MCU movie, which seems to indicate that the movie will feature the prior actors in the Spider-Man role.

That's a pretty big spoiler. Yet it's also just casting news. What is the best way? I admit, I just posted, but I wondered if I was being a jerk by doing so.

10. Nathan

I guess given the conversation I’ll spoiler tag

I just heard about the cameo in a recent movie where an actor who died 7 years ago is created onscreen with CGI and when is someone going to put a stop to what is one of the most grotesque things repeatedly happening in American moviemaking

phaynes12 and CarpetElf like this.
  11. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

it's disgusting. i have no clue what they stood to gain with that choice. once star wars started with cushing and that movie made money, the gates were opened

12. Nathan

This is not the thread I meant to post that in

phaynes12 likes this.
  13. What’s the movie

14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

ghostbusters, i'd imagine?