Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 87

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

yeah hesitant to do it because they're definitely gonna declare bankruptcy

2. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

They're banking on people buying and forgetting... But in reality I think they want/need some sort of advertising partner or a deal with theaters.

They want/need to prove to theaters that this is good for them

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

4. Morrissey

Trusted

No movie has grown more in my mind the last few years than The Master. It might be one of the all time greats.

OhTheWater likes this.
  5. Dog with a Blog

I really need to rewatch that. Haven’t seen it since theatres.

6. Morrissey

Trusted

I saw it during a midnight release and kept falling asleep. I saw it again in theaters and liked it, but a third time at home made me love it. I rarely rewatch movies, and out of the hundreds of movies I see I think about this one a lot.

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

It's a MASTERpiece

Baby

suicidesaints and Bloodsucker II like this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

The Master got fucked up so badly by being marketed as a Scientology movie

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I really disliked watching that movie

10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I wrote a whole bunch about it on AP but that site is dead now and I'll never remember how I felt

coleslawed likes this.
  11. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I enjoyed it but it might be my least favourite of his, I feel like it would benefit from a rewatch at some point though.

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

14. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

I really need to rewatch The Master. I haven't seen it since opening day, and at the time I thought it was an acting and technical masterpiece but was really underwhelmed by the ending (which I now barely even remember). To me it was the kind of movie where halfway through it felt like a potential all time great, and on walking out I felt "hm, that didn't really amount to anything." I imagine another viewing would soften my criticisms. Hard for me not to hold story to a level that's perhaps unreasonably important the first time I see things.

SpyKi likes this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I know all of Hollywood is spending way too much money but this is disgusting

16. Dog with a Blog

Lmao, he’s shooting them in succession? Who the hell is asking for FIVE Avatar movies. By the time the next one comes out it’ll have been nearly a decade since the original

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  17. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I'll admit, I enjoyed the first one, but I definitely don't need to see another one, let alone 4 more.

irthesteve likes this.
  18. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I've been hearing about these four sequels for years, how have they still not even started them?

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Yeah who the hell wants this

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  20. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Never saw the first.

21. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

For as huge of a movie as that is it's crazy how little impact it has had on popular culture

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

23. Dog with a Blog

It really came and went. Visually, it was cool to see in theatres, but it had nothing else to offer and even then, the visuals weren’t that outstanding or groundbreaking imo. There was a lot of hype and not much follow through. I’d liken it to No Man’s Sky.

SpyKi likes this.
  24. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

It changed blockbuster movies for the next like, 5 years. Everything was shown in 3D and its visuals are incredible even for the time, a lot of its influence isn't as noticed because everything has special effects now anyway but the Apes movies, the Hobbit movies, Disney's new approach to live action adaptations of stuff like the Jungle Book, plenty of filmmakers drew and continue to draw from its technique.

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Even Scorcese did Hugo