Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 86

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Dog with a Blog

I actually enjoy Kingsman. Is it a "must see" work of art? No. But I found it way more entertaining and funnier than I thought it'd be. Like, if I wanna turn my brain off and have fun, I can watch Kingsman. Kick Ass though didn't have any redeemable qualities imo

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

popdisaster00 likes this.
  3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeah, Kingsman is excellent.

4. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not into Marvel/DC/most super hero stuff. I'm not a huge fan, but I do like James Bond.

Any chance I'll like Kingsman?

5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I do not like Bond but I do enjoy Kingsman quite a bit.

6. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

The ending to the first Kingsman is one of the grossest retrograde alpha male machismo bullshit scenes I've seen in a good while

7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

If you interpret it as serious, then absolutely and I completely agree. I felt like since most of the movie was a less than subtle jab at spy movies, namely James Bond, that the ending was also in that vein.

8. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Yeah I didn't like Kick-Ass but Vaughn's work is never endorsing it's surface textures. Kingsman is great, particularly as a satire/indictment of British class.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and CarpetElf like this.
  9. Looks like that Watchmen adaptation is going forward at HBO.

Deanna likes this.
  10. Morrissey

Trusted

I never saw it but I really enjoyed this description from Reverse Shot.

Aregala likes this.
  11. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

they really are the best.

12. If you have Hulu and half a day to kill, binge Dimension 404. It's a lighter Black Mirror (supposedly--I haven't watched it) produced by Rocketjump, the guys behind Video Game High School. It's a sci-fi anthology with surprisingly good visuals and poignant storytelling for something created by what's essentially a YouTube channel. Only six episodes, all of which are either good or great. Most of the episodes feature some big names, like Patton Oswalt and Constance Wu, just to name a couple, and it's narrated by Mark Hamill.

13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

@Morrissey I received an ad for FilmStruck. Are you familiar with this?

14. Did anyone end up trying MoviePass?

15. Morrissey

Trusted

I am aware of it but I just torrent everything.

16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Gotcha haha. Thanks.

17. Morrissey

Trusted

I have a coworker who talks about it constantly. He watched Tarkovsky's The Mirror and he wasn't ready for it and I think it broke his brain.

18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I'm very disappointed in how little I've watched this year. I kept telling myself I'll watch more as the year went on. I think somewhere along the way I forgot how many hours are actually in a day.

19. Morrissey

Trusted

Come October or so I am going to dedicate my time just to movies. I see almost nothing as long as the temperature is nice enough for late afternoon beach swimming.

20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

My co-worker signed up in the very beginning, still doesnt have his card

21. Dog with a Blog

I signed up. No card yet and no places around me accept E-tickets, which sucks. However, I have a friend who did get his card and it seems to be working as promised

22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

That sounds very nice haha. I'm booked up through this next May unfortunately haha.

23. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

yup im also part of the group of people who signed up during the initial surge in august and havent received anything yet....i got an email last week saying its another 2-3 weeks.

i know nothing about this stuff but it seems odd that making credit cards would be difficult?

24. Dog with a Blog

I read that they ended 2016 with about 20k subscribers and once this deal hit they shot up to over 150k subscribers. That’s a lot of people in roughly a month and they clearly were not prepared haha

25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

The company is completely fucked, honestly. They are going to lose unprecedented amounts of money on this

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.