Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Gonna change your thread name back now? ;-)

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. New rule: all threads are "official"

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

@Jason Tate figured you'd like these if you haven't seen them yet.

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. The carbonite one is so good.

5. Kesinger is making my year with these. I want a book of them.

6. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

just remembered kung fu panda 3 came out this year, i haven't seen it yet

7. Platy

Sam

I watched it without seeing the previous two films but really enjoyed it. Surprised at how good it was actually.

8. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I watched KFP3 yesterday. It's a delightful entry. Equal quality as the first two.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I should watch those at some point.

10. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Really looking forward to Alex Garland's adaptation of Annihilation. I haven't read the book but it sounds right up my alley. The cast of Jennifer Jason Leigh, Natalie Portman, Tessa Thompson, and Gina Rodriguez was already fantastic but then they went ahead an added Oscar Isaac, too.

I loved Ex Machina so I have no doubt Garland can make this great. I'll definitely try to read the book before this comes out.

11. I wasn't really a fan of the book at all, but Garland and the great cast give me some hope for the movie.

12. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Hulu's the Path is really good. Wish i could binge it though. Glad I have the subscription between that and 11/22/63

ChaseTx likes this.
  13. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Still mad Hulu got rid of most of their good horror films, they had an edge over Netflix with that for me.

14. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

hey guys

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

You've been here this long and haven't even made the theme park thread? smh

16. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Henry likes this.
  17. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

are we not gonna do "last movie saw/rating" read. that was always a solid go-to

18. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Viewings of Solaris and Clouds of Sils Maria have led me to wanting to ramble a little bit about how Kristen Stewart and George Clooney are such great, misunderstood actors.

A lot of people say Clooney is just being himself, and while that perception probably comes from the fact that he's no chameleon, he's a movie star who has his limits, it's also unfair and dismisses the actual acting he does. To watch him in O Brother Where Art Thou, Out of Sight, Solaris, and the Descendants, those are very distinct performances with a lot of really, really great stuff going on.

And Kristen Stewart, man. I've defended her since Adventureland but I hate that she has this reputation as someone who doesn't emote at all or doesn't act. Twilight is fuckin' Twilight, nothing too harsh against it but it's not an actors showcase. Her performance in Clouds of Sils Maria was so nuanced and she played with a really achingly humane performance and I wish she got the recognition her talent deserves.

/random rant over

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Kristen Stewart was so great in Still Alice

Nathan likes this.
  20. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

hi just posting to subscribe, gotta love em movies eh

21. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Subbin

22. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Just started watching this show called Documentary Now on Netflix. It's got Fred Armistan and Bill Hader. It's hilarious.

Highly recommend it. The episode where they made fun of vice was amazing.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  23. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

definitely not a big deal at all, but just want to let you know you can now sub to threads by clicking "follow thread" at the top of the page.

Meerkat likes this.
  24. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Unsubbing.

25. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Damn..I feel dumb. Hahah. Is that available on mobile or am I missing something?

Edit: never mind..found it. Thanks!