Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 48

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

It looks like something at least different than most blockbusters. At least it's not another superhero, or a revival of something from the 80s/90s. I'm hoping it's at least at Jupiter Ascending level, an interesting idea/world even if it isn't the best film in the world. Plus that casttttttttttttt

coleslawed and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  2. It ruled and I want a cat so bad now

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Seigfried

FKA The Celibate

It did rule and let me just say that it's a fucking hate crime that I couldn't have brought my cat to go see it with me

4. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I'm so bummed I missed it yesterday for Personal Shopper. My parents saw it.

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Hillary looks amazing

St. Nate, ChaseTx, Vivatoto and 5 others like this.
  6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

7. aww

8. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I know I'm late but I much prefer movies at home where I can piss and drink and smoke

But that says more about me than it does the appeal of the theatre experience

suicidesaints likes this.
  9. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

You can drink at theatres. I do

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I kinda love the title

Colby Searcy and Serh like this.
  11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

It'd be great if that movie improves on the original

Colby Searcy likes this.
  12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I agree with this 100%

I love going to the theater, and some films should be seen on a huge screen, but having the liberty to watch in my own home and pause, rewind, go to the bathroom, smoke, eat, etc... without having to worry about some other asshole messing things up, is really nice sometimes.

Colby Searcy and Joel like this.
  13. Morrissey

Trusted

The Good Wife? The Knick? Eastbound and Down? The West Wing?

14. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

The Knick is great and I'm disappointed it won't get a third season. I really liked Eastbound & Down but haven't seen the last two seasons.

15. Eastbound is one of my favorite shows

16. I'm only three or four seasons into The West Wing, but I love it so much.

17. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

EASTBOUND

popdisaster00 likes this.
  18. Stevie Janowski is unbeatable

19. Now I want to rewatch Eastbound

20. Davjs

Trusted

I actually just started ep 1 the other night. Love it so far. McBride's character is pretty much just the same character from Vice Principles right?

nl5011 and suicidesaints like this.
  21. Think of it the other way around, but yes - they're similar. I didn't finish Vice Principals but there were certainly some similarities in the characters

22. Davjs

Trusted

Of course because Eastbound came out first, I just never got around to it. It's honestly a character type he plays so well that I don't mind a type cast :-)

23. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Very similar characters but Kenny Powers is more fully developed (probably because Eastbound went on longer)

But Vice Principals is definitely worth watching too. It get pretty crazy @popdisaster00 if you haven't finished it.

Davjs and popdisaster00 like this.
  24. I think I watched about half or maybe 2/3 of the season, I do plan on wrapping it up soon

25. Morrissey

Trusted

I am finishing up Rectify. It took it a while to grow on me, especially since its focus was different than what I had hoped for. Its glacial pace and feeling of melancholy is something you are much more likely to see in a film than in television. It makes it less engrossing than the ultra-violence and suspense of something like Breaking Bad, but if you go on long enough the empathy that the show makes for its characters makes it hard to stop watching.

Cameron and CarpetElf like this.