Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 47

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

tetra is on to something

"Oh you would like a bottled water out of my fridge? That will be $6."

2. Davjs

Trusted

microwave bagged popcorn will never measure up though.....

Someone would have to make a run to the theater to get it and bring it back.

3. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

What theatre do you go to that charges $30

4. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

The article stated there would be like a 20-30 day window before the movie would go up for streaming.

Colby Searcy and coleslawed like this.
  5. Davjs

Trusted

oh well then I see no point in this at all. Guess I should have read the article. Sorry. I think the only selling point would be to be apart of the seeing it first and being apart of that conversation.

dadbolt likes this.
  6. Davjs

Trusted

Well after two tickets and food......

Colby Searcy and coleslawed like this.
  7. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

If the assumption is you're watching with somebody it's comparable I guess. Food shouldn't be a factor at all

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Idk the logistics of how much money a film makes after 20-30 days in theaters, but the industry has to realize that the moment a digital copy becomes available for home streaming, an HQ rip will wind up online

9. Aregala likes this.
  10. Davjs

Trusted

Food is always a factor in anything life related :-D

coleslawed and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Davjs likes this.
  12. Morrissey

Trusted

Microwave popcorn does not compete with movie theater, but you can make it in a pan and it is pretty good. You can also have themed nights and events, like Taco Tuesday or a Pasta and Wine night. I am really just looking for a way not to work anymore, but I imagine the movies I would show would not make me a lot of money.

suicidesaints, coleslawed and dadbolt like this.
  13. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I've read tangentially about House of the Dead and Alone in the Dark, but I don't know how I'd never dived into this guy's story before. I'm reading his Wikipedia page now and it is a wild ride, sir.

"Boll made headlines by challenging his critics to 'put up or shut up'."

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Can't wait for Tetra's speakeasy/movie tavern to cave in and start showing Marvel films

15. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

lmao

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Yeah he physically beat up critics he's an interesting guy

17. Started Fargo S2. Already so good.

I still haven't watched the movie...

dadbolt and Davjs like this.
  18. Davjs

Trusted

The movie is super loosely adapted in S1 I think, and S2 is so fantastic. Enjoy :-)

19. The movie is in my all time top 10.

coleslawed and Aregala like this.
  20. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

a true Minnesotan classic penned by our 3rd greatest export

popdisaster00 likes this.
  21. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Don't really know where else to put this, but I've recently been reading up on the whole 'vulgar auteurism' movement surrounding the re-appraisal of several 'genre' filmmakers and was wondering what folks here thought of it.

I'm still a cinema novice so don't really have anything insightful to say on the subject, but was curious if people in here had thoughts one way or another

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Looking at it briefly I think definitely there are certain filmmakers like Luc Besson where I'm interested in their films

Aregala likes this.
  23. Morrissey

Trusted

If it pays the bills then so be it.

dadbolt and Colby Searcy like this.
  24. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

ooooooh I hadn't actually thought of him through the lens of vulgar auteurism. That's interesting though. I suppose it would make sense since his films do have a pretty unified vision. I'm cautiously optimistic about Valerian this summer

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Valerian is my most anticipated which is interesting because I also have serious Blockbuster fatigue

Aregala likes this.