Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 46

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Ever watch Raising Hope?

2. Davjs

Trusted

Raising Hope is great too, but My Name Is Earl was something special and deserves a real ending!

3. Six episodes into American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson. Sarah Paulson is killing it.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  4. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Need to watch that, but I think I'm going to watch the documentary thing first

5. That might be the better call. I was like five when this all went down.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  6. Morrissey

Trusted

My father watched the trial during dinner every day when it happened. It was such a confusing spectacle to watch in real time.

7. Morrissey

Trusted

@popdisaster00 if you had told me a character yells about a man shoving coffee grounds up his "b-hole", I would have started the show sooner.

ChaseTx, popdisaster00 and Cameron like this.
  8. Easily one of the best moments.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  9. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Colby Searcy and coleslawed like this.
  11. I'm in on this. I don't have time to get to the theater for every new movie and as a result I don't end up seeing a lot of them. This would be great for me.

suicidesaints likes this.
  12. Davjs

Trusted

I'm with you, only been able to see two movies so far in 2017 (Lego Batman and Logan so I know I made the right choices, even though I'm dying for Get Out, Kong and Beauty and Beast). Even though the theater experience can't be beat, I'd totally do this until my kids were old enough to allow me to go to the theater on a regular basis again.

suicidesaints, Colby Searcy and kyle like this.
  13. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

why not just wait a few months and rent it from Redbox for $2?

ChaseTx, Colby Searcy and dadbolt like this.
  14. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I mean it definitely has some merits to it. I would honestly spend the same amount seeing as i have to drive 120 miles round trip to go to the theatre then factoring movie ticket and food in. I would just rather get the theatre experience than watch on my tv at home ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I might would do it for an indie film that i see no chance of coming close to me. 20th Century Women would have been 6 or so hours round trip so I had to wait for it to leak before i saw it.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  15. I don't own a DVD or Blu Ray player anymore.

16. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

$30 is just way too high for me. Some indie movies stream for $7-10 during their theatrical run and that's reasonable. Make it about the price of a movie ticket and I'm willing to pay for it

Still would rather go to the theatre though

iCarly Rae Jepsen and dadbolt like this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Yeah I have a hard enough time paying 5 or 10 bucks for vod

18. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I think piracy would kill that model fast. Sure a film like Jurassic World 2 would still kill at the box office for 3 weeks but then as soon as it hits their streaming service there will be a 1080p quality version on the internet that would hurt their long term ticket sales.

19. I always catch myself here because I have no problem spending $10 at chipotle but suddenly spending $5 on a movie when I already have Netflix seems hard

20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Anyone see Song to Song yet?

21. Morrissey

Trusted

I would imagine the 30 dollars assumes you are getting a bunch of friends together. Otherwise it is an absurd amount of money.

22. ACS: OJ was about as good as I expected after getting all those awards. I didn't really like it all that much, though. I didn't enjoy it as much as I did the better seasons of AHS. Maybe it's something to do with genre, but I'd more eagerly recommend something like Orphan Black or iZombie, for example. If people were to ask.

People irl should ask me about TV more. Or I should stop investing so much time into it compared to normal people.

23. Davjs

Trusted

I think the 30$ price is fine because you aren't waiting for Netflix or Redbox to get it, you are getting to watch block busters people are hyped for the day of release without having to go to the theater and pay the same amount.

24. Yeah I'd only do that if I had friends over and everyone pitched in like $5

ChaseTx and dadbolt like this.
  25. Morrissey

Trusted

Buy a huge 4K TV, charge admission, sell drinks and food. It will be the new Uber.