Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 433

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Spo says dilly dilly. Confirmed.

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Bud Larry said they’d buy everyone in Philly a beer if the Eagles won the Super Bowl...and then the Eagles won the Super Bowl

imthesheriff likes this.
  3. Which one

4. Morrissey

Trusted

You would be the type to buy a case of beer.

Marx&Recreation likes this.
  5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

First, that is a wild sentence and I don't know what you mean.

Second it was 2018 and I was having people over that don't drink craft beer (or didn't at the time). Now I have a fridge in the basement with assorted beer and a case of Ultra warm in case anyone who doesn't want the good stuff comes over. I'll order Bud Light over any other domestic, though.

irthesteve, Cameron and phaynes12 like this.
  6. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Are Super Bowl ads still such a phenomenon? Obviously in the sense of being super expensive and all, but as a kid/teen it felt like people would talk about / reference them for months on end. Now it feels more like the Super Bowl happens, people may laugh at the ads, and we all immediately move on. Not sure if that’s a matter of it never actually being much an “adult” thing in the first place, or my own experience, or just that the Internet has diluted their staying power

Tim likes this.
  7. Morrissey

Trusted

I can't remember one that was iconic as they were a decade ago.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. imthegrimace

What’s wrong with buying a case of beer?

9. imthegrimace

I think it’s the internet and so much other shit being shoved in everyone’s face all the time there’s just not as much staying power.

Colby Searcy and Marx&Recreation like this.
  10. Morrissey

Trusted

People aren't as tied to their television anymore. I know I usually check my phone during commercials in sports.

11. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Also the ads are released online before the Super Bowl these days for the most part. So a lot of people have already seen them before they air.

Tim and Colby Searcy like this.
  12. Morrissey

Trusted

That is what ruined the joy of discovering a new movie through a trailer shown in a theater. Sometimes you would see two or three trailers that you really could get excited for.

Tim and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  13. i'm glad to be naïve to this "dilly dilly" commercial you guys are talking about.

Colby Searcy and angrycandy like this.
  14. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Geico and Progressive make great commercials and everybody else is just trying to keep up

Colby Searcy likes this.
  15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I love the Progressive Dr. Rick/how to not be like your parents ads that have been on the past few months.

16. Morrissey

Trusted

Still the best commercial.

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  17. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Personal fav

aoftbsten likes this.
  18. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

The best commercials are the super long ones that tell a very depressing or emotional story and don’t appear to be an ad at all, just to crudely jam the product in at the last second

19. I can't remember the last time I bought a case of beer. I buy 16-20 dollar four packs because I'm a snob

20. imthegrimace

when I’m going camping with friends I’m buying a case of beer. I usually buy 6 packs of stuff but occasionally I’ll buy a case of rolling rock or IC light to switch it up.

21. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

“you would buy a case of beer” sent me on a roller coaster ride

22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I had a much angrier reply typed out but then I pictured the wardrobe of the person who posted it

phaynes12, riotspray and imthesheriff like this.
  23. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

A few years ago it dawned on me that ill never buy a 30rack in my life ever again. I got sad at that notion

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  24. Morrissey

Trusted

Did you smash one of the beer cans on your head?

25. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

does morrissey think you have one beer and immediately turn into an extra in old school?