Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 423

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I really like The Office but I also never want to see or hear about it ever again

iCarly Rae Jepsen and riotspray like this.
  2. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

@I Am Mick

I just watched Deerskin and absolutely loved it. Probably my favorite from what I've seen aside from maybe Mandibles, but I need to see that again. Also need to see Keep an Eye Out, Nonfilm, Steak and Reality, but I think Dupieux just keeps getting better/more interesting as time goes on.

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

yeah it’s great. I actually think it’s his most “normal”, which is wild considering. Reality is excellent, I also haven’t seen the others

riotspray likes this.
  4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

He Got Game is a good film, Denzel is great and there is good direction, but it is weighed down by so many other bad performances throughout. I am a relative Lee novice, outside of a few essentials, but there are so many moments where he could've done one more take. Also Marlo Stanfield popped up!

5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Just watched Antichrist for the first time.

Why Lars? Why????

popdisaster00, Cameron, SpyKi and 2 others like this.
  6. Watched the City Hall doc by Fredrick Wiseman after seeing it on some etoy lists. It's good. Reminded me of how many of the docs we watch are obnoxiously dressed up for dramatic effect or keeping your attention.

There were several great docs last year that I watched. I normally don't get around to watching many, so that was one benefit of the lockdown I guess.

gonz (Alex) and riotspray like this.
  7. i’ve only seen the jackson heights wiseman but that was incredible. need to dig into more

8. Morrissey

Trusted

Every Wiseman film is worth watching.

They just announced that the Boston Mayor, who is in the film more than anyone, is going to be in the Biden Adminisrstion. The Wiseman Effect.

9. Morrissey

Trusted

The controversy over Antichrist was so insane when it came out. When it finally came out, it just seemed laughable. Lars von Trier has incredible talent but he chooses to just try to be a provocateur.

riotspray likes this.
  10. I think The House That Jack Built has some merit, though it has the provocative elements he's known for. The only other thing I've seen from him is Antichrist. Saw it college and have no intention of returning to it. Based on everything I've read about him, he seems like a shock artist for the sake of it, so I've never had any desire to explore his movies.

11. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

He’s not always just doing it to do it. It can reinforce what he’s going for. But yes he gets too wrapped up in it sometimes and is apparently a creep to actresses.

Melancholia was the first I saw, and did not prepare me for Antichrist or Breaking the Waves.

coleslawed and riotspray like this.
  12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

yeah Von Trier made Nicole Kidman and Bjork cry and also there was that thing at Cannes where he said he was a Nazi

13. Morrissey

Trusted

14. Morrissey

Trusted

phaynes12 and riotspray like this.
  15. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

pure

16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

watching deer hunter. shame trump didn't actually have to go to vietnam.

imthesheriff likes this.
  17. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

18. Morrissey

Trusted

Can't be worse than Young Sheldon.

imthesheriff likes this.
  19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

watching the American classic - Where the Heart Is

20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

man

Natalie Portman, Ashley Judd, and I just went through some shit

coleslawed likes this.
  21. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I ain’t gonna watch it, but Nahnatchka Khan also did Don’t Trust the B in Apartment 23 (which I liked) & Fresh Off the Boat (which I liked when I used to watch it). And, The Rock produced Fighting With My Family, a good movie about another wrestler from a wrestling family.

Could still easily be trash, lol, & not my thing either way... but there are worse pitches to me than “Fresh Off the Boat meets Fighting With My Family.”

coleslawed likes this.
  22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Fighting With My Family was great

Tim, imthesheriff and bradsonemanband like this.
  23. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Hell yeah. Love it.

24. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Yes, God, Yes is a very charming and sweet movie. If you grew up in the whole midwest American christian scene, a lot of it will ring true.

riotspray likes this.
  25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious