Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 422

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

2. brothemighty

Trusted

Hi guys I know it's late but the show I work on premiered tonight at 8:30 on Fox, check it out if you want, I think it's good

3. Morrissey

Trusted

A terrible idea. I wonder if they were aware of Welles being quoted as saying that he hoped Ted Turner's "crayons" would never be used on his films.

The Magnificent Ambersons is still a masterpiece even with the butchered ending.

4. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed likes this.
  5. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I was really pumped for the Quibi content. Just didn’t want to watch on my phone!

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

bradsonemanband and riotspray like this.
  7. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Living the dream

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

9. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

It’s starting already

10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I thought we had more time. Looks bad.

11. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

it already has

dan levy and tiffany haddish were in a pandemic movie like three months ago

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah I’ve seen ads on NBC for some hospital show with the line “you’ve been in the covid wars too long.” Cringe as fuck

SpyKi likes this.
  13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

"too soon" is something that's debatable when it comes to recent events, but stuff like this about CURRENT events really weirds me out

14. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

it also feels scummy

15. Morrissey

Trusted

It is hard to make a great movie in the historical moment because you don't have the ability to look at the event in its entirety and draw conclusions from it. When a great movie about the pandemic is made, it is going to be looking at the ways in which our lives have permanently changed and the lessons we can take from that, and the best you can do at this point is predict it.

It has been almost 20 years since the September 11th attacks and filmmakers have still done a very poor job of handling it in any meaningful way. Someone will inevitably respond to this with United 93, but that was about as exploitative as they come. 25th Hour is the exception to the rule, but it is using the after-effects of 9/11 as a way to express trauma and regret on a personal scale, not as some sort of thesis statement on the totality of it all.

16. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

it was Issa Rae, racist

And that was just like 5 fictional monologues thrown together. No commitment to actually trying to *show* what it was like even on a basic level

I do recall seeing a trailer for This Is Us where the characters wore masks tho

17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

My wife watches Grey's Anatomy and the show before it was on and a tiger got loose into a firehouse and everyone took pictures and videos of it and they were wearing masks so I assume COVID existed in the show

18. Morrissey

Trusted

This pandemic has been going on so long that when I watch stuff from the Before Times thoughts usually run through my head about social distancing.

19. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Shameless this season has had covid written into it. And I think SVU.

20. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

With TV shows returning I don’t mind them clearly being set in pandemic times because it helps reassure me that measures were taken to keep the cast and crew safe but it’s definitely exhausting when I’m trying to find an escape. Obviously it feels more opportunistic and different when it’s these mini series or movies specifically about the pandemic though

imthesheriff likes this.
  21. Morrissey

Trusted

The funny thing is that the first two seasons are the only good ones.

I've never seen a station lean on a show like this. HBO always had a flagship but they don't rely on The Sopranos in 2021.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  22. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

23. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

damn. i suck. to be fair the details of the movie exited my mind the second it finished.

24. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I mentioned this in the streaming services thread but also in Peacock’s movie browsing, they have a section dedicated solely to movies starring cast members of The Office.