Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

I need to watch more musicals, think the only I've seen in terms of movie adaptations is Sweeney Todd.

Book of Mormon/Hamilton pls.

Oh Dr. Horrible was great.

2. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

The Last Five Years is on Netflix!!!! Anna Kendrick and Jeremy Jordan. It's a no-brainer!

DeviantRogue likes this.
  3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Dr. Horrible is awesome. Beauty and the Beast is an all time great film.

Ewan McGregor in Moulin Rouge! just isn't fair.

4. Garrett

But be prepared for a lovely punch right on in the feels if you watch this. It hit me good.

Meerkat likes this.
  5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Will check that out!

6. Meerkat

Basically, it's a love story over five years. All the songs sung by Jamie (Jeremy Jordan) go from beginning to end and all the songs sung by Cathy (Anna Kendrick) go from end to beginning. The stage version because the actors playing Jamie and Cathy are the only two on stage, so it's a two-person show. The music is great and like Garrett said, right in the feels from the get-go

ChaseTx likes this.
  7. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I still need to see the Witch and Zootopia. Having a hard time watching as many movies as I usually do with a holiday weekend meaning a lot of family time condensed into these three days. Not a complaint, really. Just hoping I can catch the Witch at least in theaters.

8. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Zootopia was fantastic, can't gush enough over that movie.

lightning13 likes this.
  9. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

I finally saw zootopia this week and also still need to see deadpool

10. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

The Witch was great too, forgot to list that because letterboxd lists it as a 2015 film

11. phaynes1

Regular

Togetherness is so incredible. What a tragic decision for HBO to cancel it.

12. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Gotta save money for more CGI dragons I guess.

13. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Speaking of that, I haven't watch GoT in a couple seasons and I don't know if I really want to. Love the show, hate the fans situation. I know I shouldn't let fandom get in the way of enjoying something but it honestly bothers me that most people who praise the show would in the same breath put down D&D or other fantasy media that often is the same thing as the show.

14. Garrett

I watch the show because I love it, but also in hopes it'll let more fantasy materials I love more get made into the visual mediums.

ChaseTx likes this.
  15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Garrett L. likes this.
  16. Garrett

That's amazing.

17. Meerkat

I need to do my Orphan Black rewatch and then I'm probably going to binge Person of Interest. I have no idea why that seems so daunting to me, but I've heard great things

18. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

April is the best time of the year with Game of Thrones and Orphan Black both starting back up. The only problem with that is I always feel the need to rewatch both series, at this point I haven't started OB and I'm a little over halfway through with Game of Thrones.

I just realized that for a few weeks we'll get a powerblock of The 100/OB on Thursday nights and I got really excited haha.

Garrett L. likes this.
  19. Meerkat

Well if Delphine is actually dead or they kill Cosima LGBTQA+ girls everywhere will stop participating in Thursdays

20. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Ugh, that's true. Hopefully it turns out for the better.

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Cosima is my favorite character on the show.

22. Meerkat

Cosima is an all-time favorite. Also hoping they address Kira being a creepy child this season

23. phaynes1

Regular

Would Delphine's death really have an effect comparable to if they killed Cosima?

24. Meerkat

Given the state of everything going on with The 100 and in general the fact that this year 8 queer identifying female characters have been killed off, either one would cause a commotion.

morgantayler likes this.
  25. So Veep and Silicon Valley come back on April 24th. Can't wait for those.