Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 395

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

2. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Fucked up that probably zero Christmas movies are actually filmed during the Christmas season

3. Nothing more distracting than fake snow

coleslawed and imthesheriff like this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Every Christmas album has to be recorded in like June or July lol

5. I would simply record my Christmas album in December and then hold onto it for 11 months

coleslawed likes this.
  6. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

We started justified last week (it’s amazing) and got to the episode with Chadwick Boseman tonight. Crazy it’s his birthday.

coleslawed and spiffa0 like this.
  7. Hallmark films Christmas movies outside of my work building every summer. It’s always funny and jarring haha.

8. Morrissey

Trusted

Justified really picks up in season two.

9. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah we’re halfway through season 2. It’s fantastic.

spiffa0 likes this.
  10. Morrissey

Trusted

The worst part about Justified is that they made Sam Elliott go without a mustache. It looks so weird.

phaynes12, riotspray and spiffa0 like this.
  11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I championed Justified over on AP and loved all of it...and just never watched the last episode haha

12. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

What’s really funny here is the implication that the users leaving positive reviews are like the poor working class white people depicted in the movie, and they like it because they think it’s accurate or whatever. As if that’s the kind of person who rates movies on RT lol

aoftbsten likes this.
  13. Morrissey

Trusted

I really need to watch that soon.

14. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Apparently Amy Adams and Glenn Close have a less prominent role than the trailer portrayed. Which makes me think the person cutting it realized that they were the only engaging parts of the movie

15. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

justified is probably my favorite show, just going with gut feeling

spiffa0 likes this.
  16. Morrissey

Trusted

coleslawed, SpyKi, CarpetElf and 5 others like this.
  17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

The trailer is framed like it's about them what

18. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Yep but it’s about the kid, JD Vance’s character. It goes back and forth between him as a kid and him at Yale

like I’m sure their role is still prominent but it isn’t *about* them

CarpetElf likes this.
  19. I watched Kiki's Delivery Service for the first time yesterday. It's only the second anime movie I've ever seen (first one was Spirited Away.) Kiki's Delivery Service was pretty fun. I got a few more random ones to watch eventually. How's Paprika?

riotspray likes this.
  20. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Small Axe is a monumental cinematic achievement and the fact that the main discussion I’m hearing is “is this tv or movies” is pissing me off so much.

21. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah who gives a fuck.

22. SpyKi

Fantastic. Highly recommended. All of Miyazaki's and Satoshi Kon's are worth watching. Princess Mononoke and Perfect Blue are my favs.

riotspray and coleslawed like this.
  23. On my watch list currently, I have Paprika, the Secret World of Arrietty, Ponyo, Akira, Totoro, Princess Mononoke, and Your Name. Whether or not I’ll actually watch them all anytime soon is a big question mark, but those are the ones I currently have. Haha. I’ll add Perfect Blue to my list. Are any of the ones I mentioned not worth watching?

SpyKi likes this.
  24. SpyKi

Definitely, they're all great.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  25. Sweet, I'll check em out. It gives me something to watch while I'm working from home. Don't tell my boss, ha.

SpyKi likes this.