Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 362

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Spouse was off for six months and I mostly watch movies alone so I think I’m at around 60, many of which were 2020 releases and a good chunk have ranged from good to incredible so I’m still having a great year

2. Morrissey

Trusted

Probably around 30-40.

3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

420 baby. not watching anymore for the rest of the year thank you.

4. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

I accept your challenge.

Sure have but also didn't help that I was pre-prepared for reaching 500 by the end of the year thinking I would still have commitments outside but then this pandemic hit and I have gotten through what I wanted to watch with ease.

aoftbsten likes this.
  5. secretsociety92

aoftbsten and CarpetElf like this.
  6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

secretsociety92 likes this.
  7. secretsociety92

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I want to know daily schedules of people who have like 300+ haha. I can feasibly fit in a movie a weeknight if I’m not beat. Weekends I can do more depending on what I’m doing

9. SpyKi

I only work 2/3 days a week so I have a lot of movie days when my wife is at work. During covid I had even more time to watch stuff. Been focusing more on movies than tv/music for the last couple of years so got through a lot of the more pressing stuff on my watchlist.

OhTheWater likes this.
  10. secretsociety92

My job contract ran out just before the pandemic came into full swing so I have no real commitments at the moment but even though I have watched more than five hundred films that only comes to around 890 hours so the vast majority of films I have watched have been under two hours. 117 of those are ninety minutes or less so if you want to fit in more film watching then shorter films are a great way to do so.

OhTheWater likes this.
  11. SpyKi

I have a few short films included too ha.

secretsociety92 likes this.
  12. Morrissey

Trusted

When I was in college I was averaging more than a movie a day but I generally found myself not fully investing into the movies. The same thing happened recently when I got back into video games.

13. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

14. secretsociety92

15. Morrissey

Trusted

It might be time for another top ten films of all time thread.

phaynes12 likes this.
  16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I haven't watched a ton of movies lately because I've just been more interested in TV shows honestly.

I have a short list of movies I want to watch, but it's pretty short honestly.

Open to taking suggestions, looking some some movies that are like... maybe a bit off beat, good but not cheesy "twists," layered, things like that...

Charlie Kaufman, John Nolan, PT Anderson, Coen Brothers, Gondry, Moon, Dark (tv show), The OA (tv show).... stuff like that.

riotspray likes this.
  17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

1. Dazed and Confused
    2. Spring Breakers
    3. KIDS
    4. Come and See
    5. Frankenhooker

riotspray and SpyKi like this.
  18. Morrissey

Trusted

You forgot Inherent Vice.

19. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Tries too hard to get the ~vibes~ right

20. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I’ve noticed not fully investing after awhile lately too. I’ll go on crazy binges where I’m watching like 13-20 a week for a few weeks, but then have to slow down a bit to like 3-4.

I know October will probably be like 50-60 though.

21. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

that's five

22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

ChrisCantWrite and riotspray like this.

23. "Paul Blart Mall Cop is twice as good as The Godfather Part I if you watch it four times in a row"

imthesheriff and OhTheWater like this.
  24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

25. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i think netflix did that for the society too