Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 346

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I’ll never get over how incredible his jaw line looks in the suit in that picture

coleslawed likes this.
  2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

he's handsome imo

imthesheriff likes this.
  3. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

The Shield was a good show. I kind of stopped keeping up with it though and never saw the ending. Seemed really edgy at the for cable.

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

jesus

5. OhTheWater Aug 10, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 10, 2020)
    OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Morrissey’s post above mine is bad!

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

4k is a really tough one, it's REALLY expensive to create 4k masters for disc, so a lot of smaller studios simply aren't able to financially release 4k films. 4K still hasn't caught on as well as BD did, so what you see is bigger studio films are able to make a pretty good profit on their 4k releases but smaller films don't sell enough on 4k to justify studios releasing more films on 4k.

That being said, Disney is a huge studio who no doubt have made money off their films on 4k, so this is most likely just them trying to create less work on the front end.

7. Morrissey

Trusted

irthesteve likes this.
  8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

irthesteve likes this.
  9. Morrissey

Trusted

How is your school operating this year? I am teaching online until at least October.

10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

January, reassessing the situation every month. Gonna suck!

CarpetElf likes this.
  11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Should I watch Playtime as my first Tati, or go to one of his earlier films?

12. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Playtime

OhTheWater likes this.
  13. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

I started a movie podcast with my 12 year old daughter if anyone’s interested. Since I’ve been introducing her to a lot of films for her first time, I figured we could start a little podcast project together and discuss the movies as I show them to her. First episode’s Clueless and the quality’s so-so, here’s the link anyway in case anyone wants to check it out (it’s a work in progress, we’ll only get better as we go along):

Clueless (1995) - Mad-Dad Movie Review

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

super cute idea

Full Effect Ed likes this.
  15. Full Effect Ed

Thanks, we’re gonna record another episode tomorrow. Listening back on the episode though, I incorrectly state that Amy Heckerling directed Wayne’s World when I was thinking of Penelope Spheeris (OOF lol)

16. I just turned 29, I've been on this site and AP.net for, idk, maybe about 15 years now? It kinda boggles my mind that you have a daughter who's 12.

Full Effect Ed and spiffa0 like this.
  17. Full Effect Ed

She’ll be 13 in December lol. I’ve been on here since the AP days back in 2005, my daughter was born a couple years later in 07. I turn 36 on Sunday myself

Cameron and riotspray like this.
  18. Full Effect Ed

Tomorrow we’re recording episode 2. It’s on the original Halloween - we binged the first 4 films over the weekend for her first time

OhTheWater and riotspray like this.
  19. So you're a Leo, too? I don't know anything about astrology, but I know that I'm a Leo, whatever that means.

Sounds like we joined AP around the same time.

20. Full Effect Ed

Indeed I am a Leo! Started up in the Spring of 2005, it’s been a minute haha

21. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

22. Having one or two less Disney/Pixar/Marvel/Star Wars movies a year would be hardly noticeable.

bradsonemanband and riotspray like this.
  23. Morrissey

Trusted

Financing a bunch of movies would require a lot of ideas and a lot of experimentation. It is a lot easier to make a reboot of a sequel to a comic book movie.

riotspray likes this.
  24. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I love that you and your 12 year old daughter are binging Halloween. Excited to hear the episode.

Also shout out my fellow Leos. My bday is the 22nd.

Full Effect Ed likes this.
  25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

3 vodkas deep watching JP. Let’s