Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 334

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. OhTheWater Jul 14, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 14, 2020)
    OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Has anyone watched Bloody Nose, Empty Pockets yet? Hearing great things

2. Garden State and Happy Accidents both made me feel things I’d never felt in a movie before back in the day.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  3. Morrissey

Trusted

Punch-Drunk Love, 25th Hour, The Royal Tenenbaums, Adaptation, Lost in Translation, and Children of Men were all riveting to me when I only watched movies occasionally. Late 2007 and No Country for Old Men was when I really started getting into film seriously.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  4. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

The Darjeeling Limited. I had seen other films (a lot of the ones listed already) but hadn't looked at them beyond acting mediums until then.

coleslawed and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

garden state is one of the ten or so worst movies i’ve ever seen. for all the joker and jojo rabbit y’all, they’re nowhere near as bad as garden state.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Incredible that they found the only person who can make a bad Wishbone movie

riotspray likes this.
  7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Nooooooo!!!!!!

riotspray likes this.
  8. Morrissey

Trusted

The Green Book wars feels so long ago.

CarpetElf and phaynes12 like this.
  9. Yeah, the last time I watched Garden State (probably close to 10 years ago) it didn’t really hold up.

10. Morrissey

Trusted

The scene where Natalie Portman does the freakout dance to be unique makes me physically cringe.

11. Dan CiTi

♎️♈️♌️ Prestigious

I don't know where else to post this but damn the Criterion release of Parasite sounds so good but the cover is so lackluster! I was going to get it Day 1 but now I feel I could wait and just get the new version of Pierrot le fou that day instead.

It's too bad for Parasite as it has so much great art for it out there and just laying morse code on top of the original poster is just...so lame. Definitely not a work of art I'd hang on my wall or display on my desk/shelf for sure.

12. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

theres a Criterion thread - The Criterion Collection • forum.chorus.fm

coleslawed likes this.
  13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Cases like this are almost definitely because Criterion wasn't given permission to create new art and were only able to use the one piece of key art

14. Morrissey

Trusted

People in movies and TV shows are always too dressed when they are at home and someone shows up unexpectedly.

coleslawed and phaynes12 like this.
  15. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Both this and a character randomly turning the TV on/changing to a channel at the exact moment a plot-relevant news story begins both bug me lol

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

17. irthesteve

Want.

18. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I love Linklater but skipped his last two, this sounds like the kind of thing I'd be more interested in.

19. irthesteve

I skipped them as well, honestly didn't know Bernadette was him until right now and never heard of the war one

20. Morrissey

Trusted

They were both so bad, but Bernadette was so off-kilter that it was sort of fascinating. Like an alien was trying to make a conventional drama.

21. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

wow sign me up

22. Nathan

Ive liked some of his mainstream mid-budget stuff a lot, and I’ve seen almost everything he’s done (I think Tape is all I have left aside from the last two), but I feel okay skipping them

23. Nathan

Tape and the Newton Boys, I haven’t seen, looking at his IMDb.

24. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

An interesting scenario brought up on the Fighting in the War Room podcast today. What happens when it's, like, November, and a huge glut of countries have this mostly under control, and are safely opening theaters. At what point do American studios go "we can't hold onto these anymore," and start releasing movies in theaters worldwide everywhere BUT the United States? And then do start doing the $50-$100 digital download thing for major releases here?

25. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Because I'll be fucking honest, I don't really see a scenario where ANY movie gets released into theaters in 2020 at this point.