Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Can't wait to finish Fellowship so I can watch the movie again. I don't read much, so it will probably be a while though

Garrett L. likes this.
  2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Oh man. If I start reading Fellowship, I won't move until I've read the whole trilogy. Those books are so important to me. The movies are faithful, for the most part, and capture what I wanted. Still salty Glorfindel didn't make the big screen.

3. ChaseTx

I get really into it when story stuff is happening, and then fall way out of it when he starts describing the landscape. Haha.

4. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

At least she's not addicted to pimple popping videos or anything. Could be much worse

5. Garrett

Yeah. It's a pretty standard complaint with Tolkien. It's the first work of art I ever fell in love with, so that sort of thing I've never noticed. I think I've read the trilogy six times now.

I've gotten both of my parents addicted to those... I watch them more than I care to admit, haha.

6. ChaseTx

Yeah, she's been into sharks forever, is interested in horror because I am, and the makeup tutorials mostly come from watching shows like Monster High. No reason for her to come across that kind of thing

7. Meerkat

Nope nope nope. Absolutely not. Bad entertainment in my opinion haha
    I'm not even sure if I want kids or not, but sometimes I'll be listening to an album or song I love and think "Man, I can't wait to play this for my kids someday" and get really freaked out haha

ChaseTx likes this.
  8. Garrett

It all began when my best friend in med school sent me a video with "oh my God watch this it's oddly satisfying"

9. Meerkat

Long story, but one time in college my friends and I stumbled onto a gynecology exam on YouTube

10. Garrett

I'm pretty sure I just woke up my mother I laughed out loud so hard.

Meerkat likes this.
  11. Meerkat

We got there because we were very much not sober and my friend wanted to show us an Edward Scissorhands parody (Edward Penishands) and the exam was one of the recommended videos and someone accidentally clicked on it

12. Garrett

We've all experienced the accidental click OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT at some point in the YouTube whirlpool. It's even better when you're very much not sober.

13. Meerkat

We all kind of just froze and watched it for way longer than we should've. There's no coming back from that

Garrett L. likes this.
  14. Garrett

It truly is amazing what is on YouTube.

Meerkat likes this.
  15. Meerkat

On another note, listening to ABBA which reminded me of Mamma Mia which reminded me that Amanda Seyfried has also done multiple movie musicals and how have she and Anna Kendrick not crossed paths yet

16. Garrett

Anna Kendrick is a potential for love of my life. And Amanda played Karen in Mean Girls, so she's in the squad.

17. ChaseTx

She and the Little Red Riding Hood girl were the best parts of Into The Woods (which imo was twice as long add it should've been but still enjoyable)

18. Garrett

AGONY!

What it felt like sitting through that movie.

19. Meerkat

I actually really liked Into The Woods. Except the kid playing Jack. I could've done with a different Jack. But I thought Anna Kendrick absolutely owned "On The Steps Of The Palace"

ChaseTx likes this.
  20. Garrett

After knowing all the things they cut from the play to make it more "Disney" it ruined it for me just a little.

21. Meerkat

Had you seen it before the Disney version? I mean, I definitely don't think it was the best they could've done, but I did enjoy it a lot. I like James Corden, it was fun to see Emily Blunt in a musical, and, again, Anna Kendrick

22. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

too many chat threads!

23. Garrett

Actually haven't seen it, just happen to have friends who told me the whole plot of the play and then the musical was pretty different. I love most of the cast (Meryl! Anna!), and the music was great. Just wasn't feeling it.

If we're gonna go with musicals I love... all about Moulin Rouge! and Chicago.

Meerkat likes this.
  24. Meerkat

I love musicals. I really want to see Fun Home and eventually want to see either on stage or through bootlegs If/Then and Next To Normal. I'm a big fan of how they adapted Once to the stage. I also really love The Last Five Years and was very happy with how the movie adaptation turned out for that.

25. ChaseTx

Never seen any of those, but my favorite musicals are Willy Wonka, Dr Horrible, and Beauty and The Beast if that counts

I've never seen a play