Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 273

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Neal Brennan’s parasite shit on twitter today is both infuriating and hilarious.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

in a packed theater for when harry met sally lfg

3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’d be jealous if I hadn’t done the same thing a few years ago. Actually no, I’m still jealous.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Dozens of awesome movie posters with no text:

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i have a great story: the one guy who introduced the film said something about how we're all here to have a great valentine's day, so i took that moment to bite the bullet and shout "GALentine's Day!" from my seat. dude asked me to repeat and several more people (women, mostly) shouted the same thing. clearly not knowing the reference, he basically shrugged and was like "well, okay then. who here is celebrating galentine's day?!" to which over a dozen people (again, primarily female) started cheering. my proudest moment on this earth

riotspray and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  6. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

ovaries before brovaries

Serh likes this.
  7. Morrissey

Trusted

Should I see Parasite or Sonic tonight?

8. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I mean, do you want to see the best movie to come out in the past year or do you want to see Parasite?

9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

PLEASE see Sonic

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

11. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

It sounds like Sonic is the best case scenario for that movie.

12. Morrissey

Trusted

My Internet service provider sent me the list of the torrents I was caught downloading: Hugo, an episode of South Park, and two different versions of 1917. I didn't even like 1917 or that episode of South Park, and I deleted Hugo because I gave up halfway through rewatching all of Scorsese's movies. It is always the ones you least expect.

13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Don't download off public trackers y'all!!!

14. Don't download! >:-(

15. Morrissey

Trusted

CarpetElf likes this.
  16. Personally I feel better streaming, supporting art through legal avenues, even though in the grand scheme of things it probably makes no difference. If I'm getting a deal on Hulu for $3/mo, who am I really benefiting when I use it to watch something ? Idk idk

Cameron likes this.
  17. Morrissey

Trusted

I never understood how to get invited to private ones. It seems easier to get into the Mafia.

yung_ting and irthesteve like this.
  18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Be nicer to people on the website!

coleslawed, CarpetElf and irthesteve like this.
  19. Morrissey

Trusted

I am nice to everyone.

20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I just watched “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” for the first time in years. Could be 10 or more since I’ve seen it.

I still love it, and will probably always love it, but I’m not sure how much of that is nostalgia and connections to the time and/or person I was with when it came out. That relationship lasted over a decade and nearly every theme of the movie touches on things we went through.

Obviously it’s highly regarded and respected, and I still think it’s a great movie, but this viewing caught me off guard with how many cheesy, for lack of a better word, lots of scenes are. Makes me wonder how much I’d love it now if it was a brand new movie instead of something imprinted in my brain and heart.

Still though, think it’s great and would recommend to anyone.

21. Morrissey

Trusted

22. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I’m so fucking glad I don’t go on twitter anymore.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  23. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

The absurdist Twitter thread is all you need

coleslawed and aoftbsten like this.
  24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

25. wonder if there are any other jobs where people call you to google stuff for them