Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 272

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  2. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

whhhhat the fuck

riotspray likes this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Marx&Recreation likes this.
  5. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  6. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I’d say I follow “pop culture” and the like very closely and I have never heard that story. What the fuck. Dude is so gross.

imthesheriff and riotspray like this.
  7. I had never heard of that story either. Ew.

His movies are often vehicles for very showy performances. I assume a lot of actors would like to work with him and that it's easy for him to get a high-profile cast.

8. As someone who just came out as trans, I don't think I want to click that link. It doesn't look something I need more details to.

CarpetElf and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Hot take: 3 Kings is his only good movie.

10. Maggie G's directing now? What's with this trend of actresses becoming directors? Greta Gerwig, Olivia Wilde... Can it happen more often?

CarpetElf likes this.
  11. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I've only seen his movies once. Huckabees is the only one I have fond memories of

12. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Three Kings is the only one with any merit. Huckabees I appreciated but don’t really want to watch again

riotspray likes this.
  13. Morrissey

Trusted

I liked Three Kings way back when it came out. I don't remember it enough to judge.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I don’t remember much about any of his movies.

15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

If I've said it once I've said it 1000 times, American Hustle was the most forgettable movie I have ever seen.

16. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I Heart Huckabees is a favorite of mine and it sucks that he’s an asshole. I had no idea either.

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

he also has a history of being verbally abusive on sets, he made Amy Adams cry, almost got into a fistfight with George Clooney because he was verbally berating an assistant and of course verbally berating Lily Tomlin during Huckabees

CarpetElf and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  18. Morrissey

Trusted

There were people who said American Hustle was a better Scorsese film than The Wolf of Wall Street when they both came out.

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Huckabees had a pretty high number of awful people involved in it looking back.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  20. I was literally re-watching one of Mike Birbiglia's Netflix specials last night. He has an entire bit about David O. Russel that's so good.

Cameron and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  21. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

The Russell movies I've seen have absolutely nothing interesting to say

22. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

he's pretty horrible. i agree three kings is probably most decent but i also haven't rewatched in about a decade

23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

still really like the fighter. slp was worse than i remembered on rewatch

24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Is the lily tomlin thing where The birbiglia bit came from?

25. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I thought I was in the minority in hating DOR's films. Guess not. SLP, The Fighter and American Hustle and nearly unwatchable. Three Kings is the only other one I've seen. Not gonna waste time on the mop one.