Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 271

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m still standing my my theory that the Yeezus masks were inspired by the barbed wire mask and I will NOT be backing down even if it’s factually proven wrong lol

riotspray likes this.
  2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

OhTheWater likes this.
  4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Sandler is definitely getting a Keanu-esque redemption arc in the next couple years, calling it now

5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I think the people he needs to be "redeemed" with don't give a fuck about Uncut Gems lol. I was out with people this weekend and they had no idea what the film was and scoffed at the idea of Sandler being good in it.

6. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

He just signed another massive $200 million or something deal with Netflix. He’s going to go back to making horrible comedies immediately.

7. Morrissey

Trusted

Redemption is a strange thing. If he makes good movies, people will like them, and if he makes bad movies, they won't. You can't really track an actor's career the same way you would a director. Robert DeNiro spent years making stuff like Rocky and Bullwinkle and eighteen Analyze This sequels, but he still had something like The Irishman in him.

8. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, people seem more concerned with Sandler being “redeemed” than he is. I’m sure he doesn’t care, he’s just having fun and making boatloads of cash!

9. atlas

Trusted

The Guest (2014) is such a fun fucking movie

Cameron and phaynes12 like this.
  10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

dan stevens!

11. Morrissey

Trusted

This week has been my yearly showing of Saving Private Ryan to the students.

The scenes with the German POW have always bothered me. By having him return and appear as a villain, the film is really undercutting its message about how all of these people are just scared young adults. It is very easy to walk away from the movie and think "this is why they should just execute POWs". I really doubt that was Spielberg's intention, but it is what message is received.

I wish I could show The Thin Red Line, but my students would never put up with it.

Marx&Recreation likes this.
  12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I started Psycho today. Class of Juniors and Seniors is actually super into it, which is cool

13. Morrissey

Trusted

I assume it is the Gus Van Sant version.

14. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The superior version

15. Morrissey

Trusted

16. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Unreal

17. Morrissey

Trusted

The guy who made the raccoon in the Marvel movies has been in intensive care for years and his family had to make a GoFundMe as well.

18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

He hasn't worked for Marvel in 5 years. He's done plenty of other stuff since then, wonder why any of those companies aren't named in that clickbaity headline.

coleslawed likes this.
  19. Morrissey

Trusted

One of the reasons articles like this exist is to hopefully shame these humongous corporations into feeling bad enough to chip in some money. Never defend corporations.

CarpetElf, yung_ting and dadbolt like this.
  20. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Because marvel has a trillion dollars

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

How does that douchebag hack get this cast

22. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

That’s pretty mild compared to American Hustle

iCarly Rae Jepsen and phaynes12 like this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

But that was also before he groped his niece

25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

do tell, never heard of this til now