Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 268

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I think it holds up very well. This was probably my best rewatch of it, to be honest. If you can buy into the theoretical “gravity can cross space time” idea (it is a science fiction movie, after all) then it all makes sense and is interesting from a science point of view and has plenty of emotional moments and themes. Love it.

I’m not a huge Nolan fan, The Prestige is probably still my favorite, but this is definitely number two of his for me.

coleslawed likes this.
  2. Morrissey

Trusted

The scene where Catwoman rants about love is still very funny.

Interstellar is less bad than some of his other stuff, but when he jumps into the wormhole it gets really silly.

3. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I honestly disliked Interstellar when I first saw it and it has only grown on me since.

4. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I have not seen it since theaters and while I enjoyed looking at it I didn’t enjoy it

5. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I can understand some people not enjoying the emotional moments or thinking they’re overly sentimental but I think they work. If anything, they’re not really the crux of the movie anyways so it’s easy to get past.

coleslawed likes this.
  6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Interstellar absolutely holds up

Joe, TJ Wells and coleslawed like this.
  7. It remains one of my favorite Nolan movies, if not my favorite. The score is an all-timer.

8. Only saw Interstellar once but it's the most emotional I've ever gotten watching a Nolan film. Conversely, Dunkirk is the least emotional I've gotten, which made it such a disappointing follow-up. I honestly can't decide if it's a genre thing or the movie was just ineffective. Either way, I'm really excited for Tenet.

9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Interstellar holds up for me. I feel strange about most Nolan movies in that I really enjoy them at first, but as the years go by I never really have a desire to revisit them. The only ones I find myself wanting to rewatch are Interstellar and Dunkirk.

10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Just watched American Animals. I was mainly interested in this because The Imposter is one of the best, if not the best, documentaries I’ve ever seen and I read this movie mixed real life people with a dramatic retelling of their story. It was pretty good. Liked it a lot but didn’t love it.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

coleslawed and Dog with a Blog like this.
  12. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I thought American Animals was bad.

13. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I thought it was solid, but I lost interest near the end.

14. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Everything julie says sounds like her character haha. You cant not read her comments and not use her voice from the movie

15. Morrissey

Trusted

We are getting close to a fourth movie. I have been calling it Before Dawn.

coleslawed and Dog with a Blog like this.
  16. Dog with a Blog

Christ. Cannot believe it’s been roughly 7 years since Midnight

CarpetElf likes this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Movie of the year

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

19. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Lmao

20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

but.... I....

sigh

coleslawed likes this.
  21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Call me when we reach 8 1/2 levels.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I agree Kate Hudson and Fergie should be in it

Also Mean Girls the musical isn't just a replica of the movie and Broadway is otherwise inaccessible but okay

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I am all about Netflix continuing to make broadway adaptations using the original cast and crew. Keep that coming forever.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  24. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Can't wait for the book adaptation of the movie adaptation of the musical adaptation of the movie adaptation of the book.

coleslawed, irthesteve and yung_ting like this.
  25. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Swear my love of film and music continually provides weird connections between what I watch. Just seen the superb Can You Ever Forgive Me? which features a song by Marlene Dietrich who starred in the Agatha Christie film adaption Witness for the Prosecution, all that in the same week where I have already watched Murder On The Orient Express and Death On The Nile.

coleslawed likes this.