Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 267

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

I love A Serious Man so much, maybe not their best but definitely my favorite

2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Sy Ableman??

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’m actually watching Hail Caesar for the first time, and it’s awesome. How come more people don’t talk about it?

coleslawed and popdisaster00 like this.
  4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It has a few funny lines and scenes but it’s incredibly forgettable other than that.

5. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I know Tarantino said he was going to shoot five episodes of Bounty Law but I would take the Coens making five Old Hollywood musicals with Channing Tatum’s character

6. As much as I've loved what I've seen from them, I've stopped actively following Coens/Tarantino/Nolan/Fincher/Wes Anderson/PTA/Baumbach. Other than OUATIH, I think the only films I saw from last year because of the director were Little Women, Knives Out, and Jojo Rabbit. Like, yeah, I know Marriage Story and The Irishman are probably really good, I'm just not prioritizing them I guess? I don't want to say it's a thing against white males because Rian Johnson is a white male, but like. I'm interested in what I'm interested in. le shrug

7. Morrissey

Trusted

I can't see myself ever becoming a vulgar auteurist.

8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I like things!

riotspray likes this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I don't know if I can be called stage 2 because I'm not obsessed with Timothee Chalamet or stage 3 because I haven't seen so many classics

maybe watching movies just because I enjoy it precludes me from being a film person haha

11. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I like most movies I see

(or at least I’d phrase it, “I get something out of most movies I see, whether or not I like them”)

12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Something about the phrase, “Bay, Mann, and others,” has been making me laugh for the last ten minutes.

CarpetElf and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  13. Morrissey

Trusted

I like most movies I see, but that is because I watch what I know I will like. If I had to watch the big releases each week it would not be that way.

SpyKi likes this.
  14. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Yeah I’m not wasting my time with stuff I know I’ll dislike

15. Morrissey

Trusted

What is the deal with all these videos trying to "explain" the endings of movies or shows?

OhTheWater likes this.
  16. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

It’s the type of “analysis” that gets clicks

OhTheWater likes this.
  17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Having access to prime video has allowed me to turn on Monster Squad. So happy right now

18. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

19. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

coleslawed and Wharf Rat like this.
  20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I recently got an actual good TV and subwoofer and stuff, been watching favorites and whatnot. Bought Interstellar on 4k.

Damn, this movie kicks serious ass. The visuals and score are immense. Love it.

21. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The scene of him watching 23 years of recorded videos still packs a wallop of emotion, damn

22. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Hey Stop Making Sense might be the best movie ever made I’ve watched it like ten times in the last two months.

coleslawed and Wharf Rat like this.
  23. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

My favorite shot in Interstellar is right as the tesseract is closing in on itself, it’s zoomed into Cooper’s face as he’s going breathless in awe and it gets super bright then all the sudden has a sharp camera pan right-to-left then into a near stationary and silent shot of Cooper passed out floating in space.

Absolutely brilliant. 10/10.

coleslawed and irthesteve like this.
  24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Interstellar doesn’t hold up

25. Haven’t seen it since it was in theaters but I had problems with it back then. It’s gorgeous and fun but I hated the ending