Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 248

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I only saw a handful in theaters earlier this year but now have about a dozen either just out or about to release that I need to see.

2. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Which are they? Wish I still had such a plentiful amount to watch.

3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Just saw The Lighthouse and The Irishman, have Parasite to make time for this week, and then Knives Out, The Report, Dark Waters, Marriage Story and Portrait of a Lady on Fire if they come here, Star Wars a little later, and a handful of others before the year is done. Probably the busiest few months for me in a fair amount of years.

4. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I’ve seen around as many movies in theaters this year as I usually do, around 35-40, with the busier months still to go, but have watched a lot less outside since I’ve been so busy, unfortunately. Did get started on a run through Yasujiro Ozu’s filmography though and I’m enjoying that a ton.

EASheartsVinyl and imthesheriff like this.
  5. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Heard a lot of good things about those films so I'm sure you are in for a great time, only Knives Out and Star Wars are the ones that I'm going to be able to see at the cinema sadly with the former being the only one I am genuinely excited for.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

7. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

I’ve seen 64/100 and a good chunk of the others have been on my watchlist for a while

Cool list, happy to see Two Days, One Night, Nocturama, Holy Motors and Toni Erdmann so high

8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I've seen 76 and love most of them, some of the order is very odd to me though. Will hopefully see most of the rest before the year ends.

yung_ting likes this.
  9. Morrissey

Trusted

I am starting to get real stressed out over finishing my top 100. Might have to take some time off of work.

CarpetElf, OhTheWater and SpyKi like this.
  10. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'm cool with mine, just trying to watch as many of the things I want to see as I can to find any last minute additions. Also rewatching some stuff I think I might appreciate more now.

11. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

I have missed so many gems as I only started watching more interesting films in the last few years and have so much to catch up on that my list would be incomplete and unnecessary

Probably gonna do it anyways

SpyKi likes this.
  12. Morrissey

Trusted

When I look back at my top twenty lists for every year since 2010, I am surprised how little I remember a lot of them. I very rarely rewatch stuff so unless it is in a cultural conversation it sort of fades away.

riotspray and CarpetElf like this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Lol

14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

“I may be just a simple country hyperchicken.”

Wow what an embarrassing comment.

Dog with a Blog and coleslawed like this.
  15. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I can't believe this shit is still being talked about

SpyKi, Dog with a Blog and coleslawed like this.
  16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

These dang fancy City folk and their talkies, man.

....insert a Takis joke as well

17. Morrissey

Trusted

The Russo brothers went to an elite private school. They are lying.

18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The Community paintball episode is still the best thing they've ever done

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

EASheartsVinyl and SpyKi like this.
  20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That whole “we owe it to them” online campaign is gross enough as it is, but it also reeks of astroturfing which just makes it even more pathetic.

secretsociety92 likes this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I love her so much

TJ Wells likes this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

hell yeah

Cameron and irthesteve like this.
  23. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Really fucking tired of tweets like this:

SpyKi likes this.
  24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

better tweet would have been "I didn't love Booksmart, and that's OK. I am glad it has brought joy to other people however."

25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Any time I see someone mention “performative progressivism” I have a few boulders of salt at the ready immediately. Doubly so if it’s being used to describe a gross out teen comedy.