Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 247

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Properties as big as that cater to fan expectation so much already. The Force Awakens was made entirely with fans in mind, and winning them over after the reception of the prequels. They’re more commercial enterprises than artistic films. And at some point few productions are going to be like “fuck, we already put x hours and labor into redesigning Sonic, now they want Tails, better redo the whole movie”. They want to introduce beloved aspects that please fans over the course of multiple films (eg, Joker tease in Batman Begins, featured in Dark Knight, the Raimi Spider-Man movies continual introduction of famous villains, etc).

Yes, the precedent is bad and fans are too entitled in our current climate. But I have more faith in most directors/writers/producers to hold strong in the face of that (Rian Johnson, for example) than I care about the Sonic crew redesigning a bad design.

FrenzalRob likes this.
  2. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Best way to look at it.

3. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

King

4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Watching Rebel Without a Cause for the first time

riotspray and Nathan like this.
  5. Nathan

Nicholas is my 2nd favorite director named with the Ray surname

6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Satyajit number one?

Nathan likes this.
  7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This movie is pretty dumb huh. James Dean is good

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I also bought East of Eden a while ago, hopefully that one is better

10. Nathan

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  11. Nathan

I first saw Rebel in high school and liked it a lot, then rewatched it like 4 years ago and still really liked it.

12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Parts are good and other parts are very silly. I’m sure I would’ve liked it in high school. Maybe I’ll show it to my kids. It’s pretty

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Plato is an adult baby like the kid from The Room. That makes sense now

14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I will never get over the fact that those connections are completely intentional.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  15. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m diggin Mrs. Fletcher so far. Kathryn Hahn is great as always in it. The stuff with Brendan is as subtle as a brick to the face but luckily is hasn’t been overpowering to the main storyline.

CarpetElf likes this.
  16. Morrissey

Trusted

Do I need to see Ad Astra in theaters? Today is my last chance.

17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The only redeeming aspects of it is the audio and visuals, so I’d say yes if you plan on watching it at all. The story and acting and everything else is pretty plain, imo

imthesheriff and CarpetElf like this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen Nov 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 13, 2019)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Lol

19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Outside of the Mandalorian, I watched a bunch of Disney/Pixar shorts on D+ yesterday. I always love those things.

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

21. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

coleslawed likes this.
  22. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Cage is a fantastic actor and paired with the right director, that would be an incredible movie.

23. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

That sounds incredible.

24. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Watched Ford v Ferrari today, which was really good and seeing it meant I have now viewed thirty films at the cinema released this year which makes 2019 the busiest year yet for cinema trips. Sadly it also means there isn't much more left that is to come out that I want to watch but next year should hopefully be exciting though it will take a lot to beat what came out this year.

coleslawed likes this.
  25. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Last Christmas was not very good but obv I love George Michael so the soundtrack was amazing