Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread • Page 240

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 20, 2016.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I've admittedly never seen it, and wow that scene in that Twitter video is horrible lol, I'm just surprised because I've heard raving reviews from the people I know who have seen it. And I love Rami.

2. Morrissey

Trusted

Music biopics almost always get better audience reception then they deserve because people are responding to the music and not the film. Queen is a legendary band with some classic songs, so it does the heavy lifting for the movie.

It reminds me of when everyone really liked Walk the Line. Someday some hack director is going to do a full Beatles biopic and make a billion dollars and win all the Academy Awards.

3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

But we already have All You Need Is Cash.

4. Morrissey

Trusted

The same phenomenon happens with documentaries. The documentaries that end up in a few theaters or winning awards tend to cover Very Important Issues, but the way to judge a documentary effectively is its filmmaking. There are a lot of great documentaries about fairly frivolous issues and a lot of heavy-handed documentaries about serious topics. I lost count of the really bad documentaries about abuses by the Bush Administration.

riotspray and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  5. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Not on topic but I miss Anton Yelchin every day

6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

He was so great and charismatic in everything he was in. I don't think I ever sought movies out because he was in them specifically since I'm just a v casual movie-goer, but I also knew that anytime I'd watch a movie with him in it that I'd enjoy it which I can't say for a ton of actors. He picked interesting projects.

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Oh my God

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

woah

9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

10. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Fucking finally

coleslawed likes this.
  11. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Colby Searcy likes this.
  12. Morrissey

Trusted

That's the kind of story no one would believe on April 1.

OhTheWater likes this.
  13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s even less believable than one of those bot-created jokes. The press release even mentions subverting expectations.

14. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. RyanPm40

How on Earth hasn't he been arrested for prostitution?

I read the legal loophole he has of the first session being free, but since he openly admits he charges for subsequent sessions, the cops should be knocking down his door

Colby Searcy likes this.
  16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

As creepy as it is, and as many red flags and issues you can find in that article, I am sure it is extremely hard to arrest someone for consensual sex.

coleslawed, RyanPm40 and OhTheWater like this.
  17. RyanPm40

I mean, prostitution is consensual sex. It's when money is involved that things become illegal, so that's my confusion here

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Aaaah ok I gotcha, you are correct

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. Marx&Recreation Oct 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 18, 2019)
    Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Since he’s so open about it, it’s really just a matter of discretion for the cops. And I don’t think that kind of “high-end” prostitution is high on anyone’s list of concerns. Most prostitution cases I know of involve human trafficking or street-level “broken windows”-type policing of poor people. They would probably do something if some client came out and claimed he assaulted them

But that legal loophole would 100% lose lol. Never ask cops for legal advice because they are by no means qualified experts, even with criminal law. If he *really* wanted to make a loophole (though I’m not sold on this passing either), he could do massage / therapeutic shit on the clock and have them pay for that. Then set up a different low-key off the clock meeting with them where they do actual sex stuff, and claim that those meetings are not part of any kind of business service.

But again given all the surrounding circumstances, no guarantee a judge would buy that either lol

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Do we have a panel show thread at all? Or does anyone else watch them? I really want to talk about the new Would I Lie to You with someone.

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen Oct 20, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 20, 2019)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

[​IMG]

coleslawed and Cameron like this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Should've quit at the Marvel stuff because yikes

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Marty, remember what we said about ending your stories one sentence earlier?

coleslawed likes this.
  24. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Definitely some old guy crankiness in there, especially in what he says about young people, but I think he’s mostly not wrong

Wharf Rat and domotime2 like this.
  25. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I've been to the movie theater two times in 2019. That is by far a new record. I always see what out and I say "not worth $20". Every movie is a franchise...every movie!

I remember what the 'when they see us'/'Selma' director said about how you can take more chances when you do something for Netflix/streaming than a theater
    .and the bar for "success" is more reasonable. I agree with that. All of my entertainment comes from streaming services now. Which is unfortunate because "movies" haven't really been their strong suit.

Idk. Mainstream theater movies have been...not even bad. Just a whole bunch of who cares